Irony

That’s my guess. I don’t know for sure for, but I’d put my money on it being staged.

So an EV just happened to run out of battery at a coal mine, and a pro-coal WV senator just happened to be there to document it for Facebook (yes, he also apparently works there too). His Facebook history also is clearly anti-EV and pro coal industry.

FB: randy.smith.56863

The vehicle appears to be a Kia Niro EV. I could see it being one of the cheapest EVs to rent on Turo to get this stunt done.

And they couldn’t have it towed due to “plastic” underneath, yet there’s a removable tow hook, just like most cars - and any tow truck driver would know this. It’s laid-out right in the owners manual….

You’d think 7 hard-working, blue collar coal miners with millions of dollars of trucks and equipment could figure out how to tow a vehicle.

View attachment 115826
It's a sad state of affairs to see so many people swallow propaganda simply out of confirmation bias.

As the business I'm in gets more and more involved with the EV industry, I think the day when AAA can bring a gallon of gas or a fast charge to make it to the nearest charging station isn't too far off. It's just a demand that hasn't been met yet. I do shake my head though in the Defense work we are doing when they talk about the fleets of charging trucks that need to go along with the EV vehicles, but it really isn't that much difference than fuel trucks having to travel with the vehicles either.

6Ey7QUIiPnu1.jpeg

In their current configuration, and with the power grid being at least 20-30 years away from being able to support them it's a joke, a big one.
And the sad part is how so many people completely ignore reality, and are buying into the fantasy. (EV's are COMING!!!!). These things will NEVER replace ICE completely. They simply won't.

They will provide a useful second vehicle for some urban dwelling city people, who don't require lengthy trips to work or the store. But that's about it, and about all it's ever going to be.

Simply apply common sense, and anyone will discover the technology and infrastructure is decades away, (if it ever happens). Where you will have an entire driving public on 100% EV's. Not with our current power grid to support it, when it can't even come close to supporting what it's burdened with now.

Or with present battery technology that requires lengthy charging every few hundred miles. And even if you accomplished that, you're going to be polluting the same or even greater, by generating the power to charge these things.

Only a fool would believe it's possible to keep millions of energy soaking EV batteries nationwide charged with, "renewable green energy". It's NEVER going to happen.

Last edited:
And the sad part is how so many people completely ignore reality, and are buying into the fantasy. (EV's are COMING!!!!). These things will NEVER replace ICE completely. They simply won't.

They will provide a useful second vehicle for some urban dwelling city people, who don't require lengthy trips to work or the store. But that's about it, and about all it's ever going to be.

Simply apply common sense, and anyone will discover the the technology and infrastructure is decades away, (if it ever happens). Where you will have an entire driving public on 100% EV's. Not with our current power grid to support it, when it can't even come close to supporting what it's burdened with now.

Or with present battery technology that requires lengthy charging every few hundred miles. And even if you accomplished that, you're going to be polluting the same or even greater, by generating the power to charge these things.

Only a fool would believe it's possible to keep millions of energy soaking EV batteries nationwide charged with, "renewable green energy". It's NEVER going to happen.
I agree, although I do believe ICE will be replaced at some point in history, several decades away especially "if" the powers in force remain in force. IMO the replacement is not going to be the EV as we see it now, because lets face it, it is a joke. Maybe if we get a change in leadership, they'll encourage some investing in ICE to further improve it while we wait for the EV and grid to get sorted out. That would be a lot smarter than the non-sense CA proposed for 2035. They can't even keep their AC's running during a heatwave and they gave a date for the end of ICE. LOL Funny, stupid, and embarrassing all in one.

I agree, although I do believe ICE will be replaced at some point in history, several decades away especially "if" the powers in force remain in force. IMO the replacement is not going to be the EV as we see it now, because lets face it, it is a joke. Maybe if we get a change in leadership, they'll encourage some investing in ICE to further improve it while we wait for the EV and grid to get sorted out. That would be a lot smarter than the non-sense CA proposed for 2035. They can't even keep their AC's running during a heatwave and they gave a date for the end of ICE. LOL Funny, stupid, and embarrassing all in one.
I agree in that if ICE is ever going to be replaced, it will ONLY happen with something other than EV's. And it will happen ONLY when gasoline becomes so expensive to produce, (or so scarce), that it will FORCE us to go to another means of powering our vehicles. But that is decades away.

This current radical rise in fuel prices in the last 2 years, was created by an idiotic administration, with their heads up and locked. Not by any legitimate lack or scarcity of product.

Bobisindenial.com
Funny :ROFLMAO:

Of course, this forum has a high number of exceptionally intelligent people with expertise in related fields. When some of us say there are impossible to overcome hurdles, there is a reason for that.

Don't tell me that batteries can do the job that fuels can. They can't. Period, end of story. And don't tell me that EV's are somehow "more efficient" with regard to work performed, because they are not.

We can say EV's perform exceptionally well for certain tasks, and fail utterly at others.

But let's get one thing straight. There is no possibility that the "stack of losses" involved in charging an EV, results in lower energy consumption. 10 pounds of the best Coal (1 gal of gas BTU) moves an EV 19 to 26 miles down the highway under absolutely ideal conditions.

Charge directly with solar, and maybe we can say there is an advantage. Maybe.

Last edited:
Funny :ROFLMAO:

Of course, this forum has a high number of exceptionally intelligent people with expertise in related fields. When some of us say there are impossible to overcome hurdles, there is a reason for that.

Don't tell me that batteries can do the job that fuels can. They can't. Period, end of story. And don't tell me that EV's are somehow "more efficient" with regard to work performed, because they are not.

We can say EV's perform exceptionally well for certain tasks, and fail utterly at others.

But let's get one thing straight. There is no possibility that the "stack of losses" involved in charging an EV, results in lower energy consumption. 10 pounds of the best Coal (1 gal of gas BTU) moves an EV 19 to 26 miles down the highway under absolutely ideal conditions.

Charge directly with solar, and maybe we can say there is an advantage. Maybe.
None of that matters does it? It’s all about selling cars whether they are suitable or not.

OR ... you wont need the electric grid for your EV, You will go to you local gas station and fill up with h2 for your h2 EV and it will only take a few minutes to "charge it up"

Coal miners pushing a dead EV to mine to charge. Looks like a DC tag. This coal mine/power plant supplies electricity to the east coast DC area. officecharging.View attachment 115824
Would it be just as ironic they maintained/installed wind or solar and were pushing a gas car to a station that happened to have solar panels? Energy is energy in one form or another.

Back