Irony

None of that matters does it? It’s all about selling cars whether they are suitable or not.
I appreciate your answer. Sometimes a good swift kick in the rear is needed. You are correct. None of that matters, and only nerds like me care that EV's don't do what's claimed.

FWIW, cars are about 14% of national energy use. We could eliminate cars entirely and still be consuming more energy than we did 15 years ago.

That’s my guess. I don’t know for sure for, but I’d put my money on it being staged.

So an EV just happened to run out of battery at a coal mine, and a pro-coal WV senator just happened to be there to document it for Facebook (yes, he also apparently works there too). His Facebook history also is clearly anti-EV and pro coal industry.

FB: randy.smith.56863

The vehicle appears to be a Kia Niro EV. I could see it being one of the cheapest EVs to rent on Turo to get this stunt done.

And they couldn’t have it towed due to “plastic” underneath, yet there’s a removable tow hook, just like most cars - and any tow truck driver would know this. It’s laid-out right in the owners manual….

You’d think 7 hard-working, blue collar coal miners with millions of dollars of trucks and equipment could figure out how to tow a vehicle.

View attachment 115826
Agreed.

It is hard to imagine that with all the heavy equipment that must be at a coal mine operation, that someone wouldn't have figured out how to tow or pick up this car, to move it to where it can be charged. People that work at coal mines, power plants and such, are all about the mantra, work smarter, not harder.

Back