Irony

Coal miners pushing a dead EV to mine to charge. Looks like a DC tag. This coal mine/power plant supplies electricity to the east coast DC area. officecharging.
3B8875C9-DF11-4CFA-BD49-C6E3D27FCB75.jpeg

I've pushed (and towed) a few vehicles myself over the years.
I think there’s a big difference between an older car breaking down, and an EV running out of juice with all the driver help, navigation, and warnings they provide.

You’ve elaborated on how your Tesla tells you how many miles available, finds you an open charging station, etc.

I think there’s a big difference between an older car breaking down, and an EV running out of juice with all the driver help, navigation, and warnings they provide.

You’ve elaborated on how your Tesla tells you how many miles available, finds you an open charging station, etc.
Sure. I think the post is showing a battery out of juice; similar to an ICE vehicle being out of gas. I could be wrong. Of course it is easier to pour in a gallon of gas than to charge an EV at the side of the road.

I'm usually not skeptical, but in this case I am somewhat. I don't see anything that suggests this is an EV. And, if it were, why push it to a coal mine? Where did this image come from? What's the back story?

On our big trip we talked to a Model S owner who (in 4 years of use) has run out of juice twice. He admits he wasn't paying attention. The automobile association pulled him onto a flat bed and took him home. Better yet, they didn't even give him a hard time about it.

Tesla doesn't recommend towing to charge a vehicle (though that would probably work). In fact they recommend that Teslas only be towed with all wheels off the ground.

I'm usually not skeptical, but in this case I am somewhat. I don't see anything that suggests this is an EV. And, if it were, why push it to a coal mine? Where did this image come from? What's the back story?

That’s my guess. I don’t know for sure for, but I’d put my money on it being staged.

So an EV just happened to run out of battery at a coal mine, and a pro-coal WV senator just happened to be there to document it for Facebook (yes, he also apparently works there too). His Facebook history also is clearly anti-EV and pro coal industry.

FB: randy.smith.56863

The vehicle appears to be a Kia Niro EV. I could see it being one of the cheapest EVs to rent on Turo to get this stunt done.

And they couldn’t have it towed due to “plastic” underneath, yet there’s a removable tow hook, just like most cars - and any tow truck driver would know this. It’s laid-out right in the owners manual….

You’d think 7 hard-working, blue collar coal miners with millions of dollars of trucks and equipment could figure out how to tow a vehicle.

5C3B1D24-B42A-4920-865B-639113E919CE.jpeg

Last edited:
Sure. I think the post is showing a battery out of juice; similar to an ICE vehicle being out of gas. I could be wrong. Of course it is easier to pour in a gallon of gas than to charge an EV at the side of the road.
Unless you're in a remote location with no gas source around ... imagine if an ICE car ran out of gas at that location. It could be more difficult to get it running again than it was to just plug in the EV.

Cars run out of gas, EVs run out of electrons ... so what? Until we start driving nuclear-powered vehicles it will continue to happen.

That’s my guess. I don’t know for sure for, but I’d put my money on it being staged.

So an EV just happened to run out of battery at a coal mine, and a WV senator just happened to be there to document it for Facebook. Ok…

The vehicle appears to be a Kia Niro EV.

Seeing some context makes me less skeptical although I still feel it may have been staged.

Biased political views don't got time fo' dat.

Tesla option, Range Extender. Especially important if a Tesla is going to run the Cannonball.

View attachment 115827
How many times must this image be posted here before a new, annoying Tesla-bashing meme can be found? After x-number of times, this gets old and loses whatever humor it had.

This might be funnier if there were a fuel truck towed behind the generator to keep it running.

How many times must this image be posted here before a new, annoying Tesla-bashing meme can be found? After x-number of times, this gets old and loses whatever humor it had.

This might be funnier if there were a fuel truck towed behind the generator to keep it running.
Shel, EV owners (like me) gotta have a sense of humor. No biggie. Teslas are only for rich California granola heads anyways, right?
And Elon's whack, right? And he's an alien, for sure.
All good.

Shel, EV owners (like me) gotta have a sense of humor. No biggie. Teslas are only for rich California granola heads anyways, right?
And Elon's whack, right? And he's an alien, for sure.
All good.
It's the repetition that is annoying, not specifically the Tesla meme.

Back