Iridium for echos?

I presume this is a 2 cycle engine, is there any reason to run an iridium plug in a 2 cycle engine that's just gonna foul them up anyways regardless of what precious metal they're made of.

Laugh if you want. I'm no fan of Champion and wouldn't use them in a car, but a Lawn-Boy Duraforce that came new with NGK as OEM didn't last as long as a Champion EZ Start I put in it. The plug has since been rebranded as Premium. These are not the same as their cheaper small engine spark plugs.

Laugh if you want. I'm no fan of Champion and wouldn't use them in a car, but a Lawn-Boy Duraforce that came new with NGK as OEM didn't last as long as a Champion EZ Start I put in it. The plug has since been rebranded as Premium. These are not the same as their cheaper small engine spark plugs.

Is that one iridium? Probably the reason it lasted longer.

I presume this is a 2 cycle engine, is there any reason to run an iridium plug in a 2 cycle engine that's just gonna foul them up anyways regardless of what precious metal they're made of.
I have heard that they don’t foul nearly as easily. Rather this is true or not I have no idea.

I ran Iridium plugs in a '99 Polaris 700 sled for almost 6k miles with no issues. Sold it with those plugs still in it. Cold started great also.
As a long time sledder, the Iridium's seem to be less fouling prone on cold starts.
Nothing is harder on plugs than a carbed 2 stroke.
I don't have a problem with them in OPE if size is available, I'd only use them in a problem child motor though due to the cost though.

No. Total waste of time and money. Get the OEM plug and be done with it.

Champion plugs have been around since dirt. They are factory plugs in some Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat/RAM engines.

For small engines, they are great.

Or if the any brand named plug got dropped before you got it, I could see an issue.

Back