iPhone users chime in

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought our his & hers 3GS models a few weeks ago. I'm amazed at how well this works with a 3G or Edge networks.

The plethora of apps is great! Just about anything you want you can find. Internet radio anywhere (bye-bye XM), free network tools for ping/traceroute, & MLB games from just about anywhere (radio feeds) too.

I don't like the 3G network coverage is limited to cities and not far outside those cities either. Indy & Louisville had clear demarcation lines when 3G switched over to the Edge network.

Where I live, thankfully has adequate 3G coverage. SpeedTest app shows up to 2MB down.

Pocket-Tunes, iHeartRadio, Slacker, Facebook and mBox mail are my favorite apps so far.

What's your favorite app(s)?

What do you like/dislike about it?

I bought an iphone 6+ months ago. My wife just got one the other week.

I travel all over the country. I rarely have issues with 3G, and in places with edge, it is still fast enough for most stuff.

Though the 3GS version came out, we decided for my wife that there was no need to spend the extra $. We still got the 3.0 software, so we get cut and paste, and the camera on the iphone is poor enough that you can't count on it anyway... so a video camera is no big deal.

The speakerphone stinks - it is so low that it is more or less worthless in a car. Battery, while not that great in heavy internet use, is still good for at least a day of my use, generally 3-5 days of typical use. The GPS is neat, but it doesnt work like a garmin, so it has marginal use as an automotive GPS. I have a few other gripes, but it doesn't in any way make me regret my purchase in any sense.

It is phenomenal in terms of the combined capability of the thing - all it can do at an 85% level. Impressive.

I bought my wife a 3G in May. She can't put the thing down for more than 2 minutes. She upgraded from a Treo 750. She absolutely hated that phone. Battery life is horrible on the 3G, IMHO. I've heard that they improved it with the new software. I initially warned her against it b/c in my previous experiences with the phone, I wasn't impressed with the typing on the touch screen. But after fiddling with it for a while, it doesn't seem so bad. All in all, a neat phone and I'll probably get one for myself when my next upgrade is offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back