iPhone has secret tracking software

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2011/04/20...ion-data-video/
Quote:
So apparently iOS doesn’t respect users privacy, as it should, as the word is the iPhone has secret tracking software that records the users whereabouts, which then gets synced to your computer as part of iTunes sync.

According to an article over on 9to5 Mac by way of The Guardian, iOS 4 covertly tracks a user’s location and apparently for some users this means there could well be “almost a year’s worth of data stored.”

According to The Guardian, security researchers discovered the file that contains the longitude and latitude coordinates along with a timestamp, which means anyone that happened to steal your iPhone could with the help of a simple app discover the users movements.

One of the researchers, Pete Warden says…“Apple has made it possible for almost anybody – a jealous spouse, a private detective – with access to your phone or computer to get detailed information about where you’ve been.”

The director of pressure group Privacy International, Simon Davies had this to say…“This is a worrying discovery. Location is one of the most sensitive elements in anyone’s life – just think where people go in the evening. The existence of that data creates a real threat to privacy. The absence of notice to users or any control option can only stem from an ignorance about privacy at the design stage.”

I don't like the idea of selling you something with software that records your movement.

OK didn't notice it there
33.gif

Other thread aside, all phones nowadays have tracking. You will notice you can have location on or off options, Even if location is off, 911 can still locate you. With me, when I go to a store, I often turn the ringer off on my iPhone, put it in a nook under the seat. This way if my car is stolen, it can be tracked. It's like a poor mans LoJack.

good luck and who do u think will track it unless there is a violent crime involved....
remember big brother is watching and today even an ex could use this against you and track you..the spy shop sells things that will blow your mind...they have it all and sell most to anyone and if you get to know them you can get anything

A good friend of mine a a police officer. When a car is stolen, the first question they ask the owner is, if there is a cell phone ion the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back