*Investors Blog*

I understand crazy exponential growth and stock price can’t last forever for any company so I take profits.

Was a dumb dumb back in 2000 and learned my lesson to take profits and head for exit.
That makes sense for a lot of reasons, especially if you compare peaks... And taking some profits off the table just might mean you are playing with table money. Nice position to be in.
I rely on the long term to take care of me. I'm not smart enough to play the short game. Oh yeah, and I pay enough taxes as it is... Sheesh. Well, in truth that's a nice problem to have, as they say.

Biggest mistake I ever made, by far, was listening to a Fidelity guy and buying an annuity. I am the last investor that needs an annuity and sold a great holding to buy it. So I fired Fidelity a few years later.

Regardless, well done Dave.

Biggest mistake I ever made, by far, was listening to a Fidelity guy and buying an annuity. I am the last investor that needs an annuity and sold a great holding to buy it. So I fired Fidelity a few years...
At the start of my annual meeting with my Fidelity account rep I remind him that of the four bodies found in Lake Mead after the waters receded, three of them were annuity salesmen. I tell him I didn't know the fourth individual.

So far, he hasn't tried to sell me an annuity.

How many BITOG use margin to trade in your brokerage account ?

I was talking to a coworker the other day and they felt trading on margin is very bad.

I said margin is OK as long as you are conservative and have a cash buffer in case of a downturn.

What are your views on margin trading ?

How many BITOG use margin to trade in your brokerage account ?

I was talking to a coworker the other day and they felt trading on margin is very bad.

I said margin is OK as long as you are conservative and have a cash buffer in case of a downturn.

What are your views on margin trading ?
I have (limited) margin, rarely use it. In fact not for many years. I don't see the need any more, but used to allow me to get around the bindy 3 days settling. Now it's 2 days, so even less need.

Back