Introduction...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats up guys. Been a long time lurker on here and figured i'd introduce myself. My name is Jeff and i'm from Levittown, PA. Currently driving a 96 civic with a k20 engine swap. I've been through tons of different oil. Just switched from Torco SR-1 to Redline 5w30. So far i like it. Engine is as quiet as it's ever been. Hopefully in the future i'll be able to get some UOA's and contribute to the site. Take care, Jeff.

You may find yourself working your way down the oil ladder, as the perceived value of the premium stuff you use becomes questionable..
Like to normal synthetic, then dino [dinos are really good now].

Originally Posted By: Lambo32123
Just switched from Torco SR-1 to Redline 5w30. So far i like it. Engine is as quiet as it's ever been. Hopefully in the future i'll be able to get some UOA's and contribute to the site. Take care, Jeff.

First welcome to BITOG.

You do know in switching from Torco SR-1 5W-30 (HTHS vis' 3.1cP) to Red Line 5W-30 (HTHS vis' 3.8cP) is a big increase in viscosity. You have switched from a light 30wt to what is effectively a 40wt oil, heavier than Torco SR-1 5W-40.
Just so you know.

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't know that. Honda calls for 5w-30 in my motor. Would i be better off sticking with Torco in the winter months? How much of a difference is this going to make regarding start-up lubrication?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back