Introducing Personalized Avatars - POLICY on creation and use

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW that is a lotta rules...

But thanks, glad it finally happened...

Not really. If people could understand no R/S/P, and don’t wear your issue du jour in your avatar, we’d be set. Effectively for most folks there’s not much to read and comprehend that they don’t already know and understand about how the site runs.

>99% of the BITOG users understand it. Unfortunately we have to clarify for the <1%.

Not really. If people could understand no R/S/P, and don’t wear your issue du jour in your avatar, we’d be set. Effectively for most folks there’s not much to read and comprehend that they don’t already know and understand about how the site runs.

>99% of the BITOG users understand it. Unfortunately we have to clarify for the

It is a lot of rules.

Having the forum software use the first letter of your username as a default avatar is lame and it's bad enough that viewing avatars can't be disabled.

Might as well put something cool.

...definitely not arguing...I get the general idea and have no issues with it...Just offering a different perspective. Thanks for all of your hard work!
I don’t think your attempt to pick apart the policy are useful at this time.
Sorry if my questions were taken the wrong way. I definitely wasn't trying to "pick apart the policy" or be inflammatory myself. Perhaps we both misunderstood each other? No further questions.

Sorry if my questions were taken the wrong way. I definitely wasn't trying to "pick apart the policy" or be inflammatory myself. Perhaps we both misunderstood each other? No further questions.

We are good. There’s always going to be a question or interpretation issue... We will deal with them as we go, just wanted to avoid a million speculative “what if’s” in here. As mentioned, it’s a Very small group that need policy at all on this, but that’s why it’s written...

Not sure what you’re trying to do here. Whether you think it is or isn’t, is not really a matter. You’re welcome to not use the avatar function if it’s a problem.

I’m trying to say I think it’s a lot of rules for an avatar. That’s all I’m trying to do. That seems self explanatory. If it doesn’t matter all you had to do was say “you’re welcome” to my Thank you. Instead you chose to take issue and say it was “not really” a lot of rules... then proceed to tell me why it was necessary to have them and insinuate that I am trying “to do” something nefarious.

I’m trying to say I think it’s a lot of rules for an avatar. That’s all I’m trying to do. That seems self explanatory. If it doesn’t matter all you had to do was say “you’re welcome” to my Thank you. Instead you chose to take issue and say it was “not really” a lot of rules... then proceed to tell me why it was necessary to have them and insinuate that I am trying “to do” something nefarious.

This seems like something that can resolved with a PM, not some weird public display of dissonance.

I can only see this rule set as being excessive if you’re the type who can’t read more than one paragraph of a post before thinking TL;DR. The list is intuitive and, for the majority of us, common sense and need not be all inclusive....

Knowing this site, I didn't need to read the rules about the avatars to know what would be allowed or not allowed. In fact, I don't know of many sites that allow any non-kid-friendly images to be posted, used as avatars, etc (not including sites with "private" areas).

Knowing this site, I didn't need to read the rules about the avatars to know what would be allowed or not allowed. In fact, I don't know of many sites that allow any non-kid-friendly images to be posted, used as avatars, etc (not including sites with "private" areas).

A lot of the car boards have avatars that wouldn't be allowed here (buxom gals in skimpy clothing for example).

I don't want to see anybody's avatars; there is setting but it does NOT work. I even logged out and logged back in but still it just takes the real estate on my screen. Is this a bug? I am using Chrome browser.

1603658457379.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back