Introducing my 2005 Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the non chromed wheels on Vettes.

Even on the Grand Sport, I like the painted grey wheels over the chrome wheels. Really not into flashy bling chrome.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

Even on the Grand Sport, I like the painted grey wheels over the chrome wheels. Really not into flashy bling chrome.

I had chrome wheels on the 98, but this time around when I change wheels I'm probably sticking with the standard finish. It's much easier to keep looking perfect, chrome scratches so easily. I might go with the Spyder style wheels that come on the Z06, or maybe the split spoke wheels that came on the 08-10 base model C6.

thumbsup2.gif

01.gif

"stretching the legs" vs "31.1 mpg"; It must be "or", right? I would be flabbergasted if you got 31. mpg while stretching the legs! I do know they deliver impressive mileage on highway when driven like grandma.

By the way of all the recent plethora of new purchases reported here, you win the award for the most drooled over car :)

Originally Posted By: Vikas
By the way of all the recent plethora of new purchases reported here, you win the award for the most drooled over car :)

Agreed.

Patman, consider giving the car another wash after BITOG is done drooling here.

"stretching the legs" vs "31.1 mpg"; It must be "or", right? I would be flabbergasted if you got 31. mpg while stretching the legs! I do know they deliver impressive mileage on highway when driven like grandma.

hehe, yes, 31.1 was strictly on the highway trip home and I didn't even rev the engine above 2500 on that trip. Since I got it home and have been stretching it's legs, the overall average now is around 18 MPG. I expect that in mixed driving it should have no problem getting 22 MPG or more (my C5 would get around 20)

I HATE you!!! j/k!
wink.gif

Congrats, and enjoy it to the FULLEST!!!
thumbsup2.gif

I REALLY love that color.

I could have sworn when I helped my brother change his oil that his '06 took more than 5 qts. of SSO 0W-30, but that was long ago so with my rapidly aging memory that's all I may have put in the LS2's sump.

Originally Posted By: Patman

I had chrome wheels on the 98, but this time around when I change wheels I'm probably sticking with the standard finish. It's much easier to keep looking perfect, chrome scratches so easily. I might go with the Spyder style wheels that come on the Z06, or maybe the split spoke wheels that came on the 08-10 base model C6.

The Spyder style Z06 wheels look GREAT in dark FULLY painted colors, as do the ZR1 wheels (but they look like a B to keep clean
frown.gif
).

My faves though (as far as OEM styles go) are the satin black Carbon Edition/race pack wheels replete with NON-runflat Pilot Cup tires.
Have any of the replica companies released the above Carbon Edition style Z06 wheels yet??

What?!!! $28k?!!! That is a $35k+ car around here! You should see what $28k will buy you around here! That would get you a worn out, high mileage LS1 or maybe an LS6 car.

And that is in Canadian dollars too! Converted to real dollars, that is like only 20K :)

You said the car is only 9/10 ? It looks like 11 to me! Really, why did you deduct point on it? Is anything wrong with it? OK, driver seat shows some wear but that is to be expected.

I really like the color. I guess we have similar tase as blue and red are my favorite colors on a car. I'm surprised so many others like blue.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

I could have sworn when I helped my brother change his oil that his '06 took more than 5 qts. of SSO 0W-30, but that was long ago so with my rapidly aging memory that's all I may have put in the LS2's sump.

You are right actually, it is 5.5 quarts, or 6.0 with the Z51 package. I had my conversion backwards, as I know the 05 manual said 5.2L and when I changed the oil I put in 5.4 (since up here our M1 jugs are 4.4L so I added that plus a 1L bottle)

And that is in Canadian dollars too! Converted to real dollars, that is like only 20K :)

You said the car is only 9/10 ? It looks like 11 to me! Really, why did you deduct point on it? Is anything wrong with it? OK, driver seat shows some wear but that is to be expected.

I give it a 9 because in order to get 10 it would have to look flawless but it does show a tiny bit of wear on some of the buttons in the interior and there is a stone chip on the rear hatch (of all places I don't know how one got there!) So it's not a pure show car that I would worry about driving everywhere. I'm going to take care of it the best I can, but I won't be super upset if it gets the odd scratch or stone chip and I won't cry if I get caught in the rain occasionally with it (I still check the weather before taking it out though)
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

My faves though (as far as OEM styles go) are the satin black Carbon Edition/race pack wheels replete with NON-runflat Pilot Cup tires.
Have any of the replica companies released the above Carbon Edition style Z06 wheels yet??

I'm not sure but I'm really not a fan of black wheels on blue cars. Black looks great on red, yellow or white though.

Maybe in 5-6 years I hope my wife will allow me to get a 2009/2010 Vette with dual mode exhaust and 6 speed trans.

Go for the 2010 as that's when they introduced the launch control for the 6 speeds!
smile.gif
That's also the first year for the Grand Sport editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back