Introducing my 2005 Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
This past Saturday I traded in my 1998 Corvette for a 2005 Corvette and I couldn't be happier! I started searching for a C6 back in the end of March and figured I was going to be looking for probably a good 2 to 3 months or more, since I was so picky about what I wanted, but the right car came up in the first week of looking! It's Lemans Blue with the Steel Gray interior (which is a lighter gray that was only available in 2005), 6 speed manual, NAV, magnetic selective ride control, polished wheels, transparent removable roof, Bose stereo, heated seats, heads up display, and only 57,000 miles on it. It's in really good shape, not 100% mint but a 9 out of 10 in my books. The paint had some swirls and scratches in it, but I brought it back to life this morning with my high speed buffer. I did not know what kind of oil the previous owner had put in it, or when he had the oil change done, so even though the OLM was reading 97%, I decided to change the oil anyways. The filters I had on hand for my LS1 Corvette fit this LS2 Corvette thankfully, and I already had more than enough M1 5w30 on hand too (my LS1 took 6.5 quarts of oil but the LS2 only needs 5)

Here she is!

Very nice! I really like the C6's. I recently got rid of my had-it-since-new 1998, Arctic White coupe with 62k miles. It got to a point with us that it was too trying climbing in and out of it and we found ourselves not using it as much as we should....I still miss it and it's like a big VACANCY sign in the garage where it sat.

I like the Lemans Blue.....great find and enjoy!!

Last edited:
VERY nice! Love the colour
wink.gif

beautiful! i wanted a C6 so bad! as soon as i can pay cash for one ill have one! i pondered putting about 15k down on one a couple months ago, but i bought the S2000 instead to stay out of debt.

Gorgeous color as well. Congrats!

Beautiful car in a beautiful color. It looks brand new. That will be a fun car to cruise around in over the summer!

Saweeet! Nice color, too.

I am happy you were able to find one that met your requirements. They can be tedious to shop sometimes due to limited quantities.

Very nice choice!!!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
She's a beauty! Congrats!

Is that your Civic in the background?

It is indeed! After I put the Corvette back in the garage today I took the Civic around the block so I could move it back to the driveway (and wanted to warm up the oil before doing that
smile.gif
) and since I've been driving the Corvette so much these past few days I kept going for the clutch at every stop, even though the Civic is automatic
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Vikas
You said "traded in"; does that mean you picked this one from a used card dealer?

Yes. I ended up doing pretty well, as the price they gave me for my 98 wasn't too much lower than what I would have got selling privately, and the price that they were asking for the 05 was in line with private sales up here too. The 98 needed a few things fixed that would have made selling it privately very difficult, so trading it in was my best option. I hate selling cars privately anyhow, too many yahoos come out of the woodwork when you advertise a sports car for sale (been there, done that and never want to do it again)

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Saweeet! Nice color, too.

I am happy you were able to find one that met your requirements. They can be tedious to shop sometimes due to limited quantities.

I was super picky in what I wanted too, as I was only going to consider a car in either Lemans Blue or Magnetic Red and it absolutely had to be a 6 speed coupe as well. I would have accepted a car that had no other options in it, but I really had my heart set on finding one with all the goodies in it and this one fit the bill! I honestly thought I had a long road ahead of me in my search, as I figured I'd probably have not only a hard time finding the car that I wanted but that when I did the price would be much too high for me to make a deal. But this car was destined to be mine and I'm so glad I got it at the very beginning of the driving season up here instead of the end. I do think the prices on the C6s will fall a lot when the C7 hits the road, but I'm still glad I didn't wait that long. The C7 probably won't see the showrooms until September, and that doesn't leave a lot of time left before winter storage season begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back