Internet Ad Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stumbled upon this site while checking Amazon account prefs. I always have NoScript & AdBlock+ enabled in FF, don't accept 3rd party cookies, don't click on ads, don't shop much, etc.

It says two companies: Legolas Mrktng and yahoo are customizing ads for my browser, even though I never see them due to AdBlock+

It also says that there are 112 participating companies in their service. When I attempted to opt-out of all 112, 13 didn't answer.

I'm curious what the results would be for an on-line shop-O-holic or a teenager.

Finally, when I shut down FF, I run CCleaner to flush the cache, erase any stored flash cookies, and a few other things.

How many show up in your browser?

sure you dont got any addons or plug ins running that are affiliated with either corporation? Could be a possibility there...even a "streaming video" player or somesuch...........really, I don't worry about it. Everyone's gotta make a buck. Like you, I clear my history and cookies regularly....only keep the ones I know are good "bitog for example)...

I do most of my shopping online. The internet is fueled by advertising. And ads show up all the time but I ignore them and they aren't an issue. Either as pop ups but most often imbedded in a webpage as you browse. We wouldn't have the internet content we have without advertising. Top of the screen right now...Castrol Edge. Helping BITOG pay the bills.

It's voluntary compliance as congress hasn't forced any changes yet. This is the industry answer to individual complaints about adds so some companies don't comply......

Send a notice to the industry ad blocker site and let them investigate.

Go here for more information:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back