Intermittent no-start / trouble starting

2004 Honda Element, 162,xxx miles, intermittent no-start / trouble starting.

Not consistent but it happens a couple times a week.

Already threw a new starter relay at it to rule that out and the issue is still occurring.

Battery and alternator have tested good multiple times.

Video demonstrating symptoms:

Could not hear very well on the video, but if the engine turns over but does not start then a a defective ECU intermittent is my first guess. It not completing the ground the fuel pump.

But before throwing the parts cannon at it some diagnosis is in order.

Do you hear the pump kick on when you turn the Key?

Also try to by pass the ground on the fuel pump relay.

Could also be a bad key/immobilizer

Or if it sound like a dead battery does not turn over bad starter or starter ground.

Takes a couple clicks to get the starter drive to engage the fly wheel to spin the engine over. It will get worse and strand you some day. You could pull the starter and mess around with the starter maybe replace the drive and get more life out of it. I would go on the interweb and look for a Chinese 'clone' I bought a new starter for my 94 Ranger that cost under 40$ delivered. Works good 2yrs later.

So it sounds like the starter isn't engaging the first few times you hit the key? Is that buzzing sound coming from the engine bay or inside the car?

So it sounds like the starter isn't engaging the first few times you hit the key? Is that buzzing sound coming from the engine bay or inside the car?
Correct, the starter is not engaging at all the first few times you turn the key. The loud buzzing noise is coming from somewhere inside the car under the steering wheel area, which is why I initially suspected the starter relay and replaced it since it's an $8 part anyways.

The loud buzzing noise is coming from somewhere inside the car

First I would look for bad connections at the battery and the main power and ground cables. When the voltage to the car drops many of the relays will start to buzz.

They are potentially going to be even more horrified when it doesn't fix the issue.

No sympathy for parts changers who don't do proper diagnosis from me!
I had to change the starter on my 2007 CR-V which has the same engine as this Element, trust me if the issue is the starter I would pay to make it a shop's problem before I go through that again!!!

First I would look for bad connections at the battery and the main power and ground cables. When the voltage to the car drops many of the relays will start to buzz.
All cables are nice and tight, already ruled that out. Not a lot of corrosion either.

Back