Intermittent Hesitation/Power Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having this issue on and off for a couple of years now, very frustrating, when the car was still under warranty the dealer did several "diagnostic self-tests" and found nothing, I couldn't get it to run poorly for them, the problem is occurring much more frequently and severely now, my question is if I bring the car in when the problem is actually occurring can they then hook up diagnostic equipment and do a more meaningful test? There have been no check engine lights or codes stored ever, and the car is a 2007 Nissan Spec V, thanks!

As a former Spec-V owner, the first thing you want to check with many driveability problems is the catalytic converters (which are covered for 8/80, federally mandated).

Supposedly the historical problems they had with them were corrected by this time, but I'd still check. See what your oil looks like. Get someone besides the dealership to ck for codes. Maybe an exhaust shop to check exhaust flow.

Obvioulsy may not be your problem, but it's the first place I'd look.

Good luck, the cars are a blast to drive.

Thanks MrC--you said it, the car is an absolute blast to drive when it's running right, that's what makes this onging problem so frustrating, thanks for the ideas, no more dealer visits on this issue, they did nothing and seemd to have no ideas other than to just check for codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back