Interesting video about each US state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

Now if they do a follow-up on other countries!

No, silly me, no American is interested in that
33.gif

Originally Posted By: expat
Interesting.

33.gif

Actually, they do have one on "Every Country in the World". Go on YouTube and look up Wendover Productions. They have all kinds of interesting videos like this.

Interesting.

33.gif

That's called stereotyping. It is often seen in people who have a propensity toward racism.

That's a great video. Thanks for posting. Only thing I fact checked was that Kentucky is not contiguous and has a little extra part. Google maps says that's true.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
33.gif

That's called stereotyping. It is often seen in people who have a propensity toward racism.

Many Canadians tend to have sneering, condescending anti-American attitudes. I find it embarrassing and it gets tiring.

Here's a geography-based page I find is lots of fun. I've posted it before but it's worth posting again:
http://jimspages.com/States.htm
It's harder than you think!

Interesting.

33.gif

A smug Canadian being condescending to his Southern neighbors?

Nah...that never happens...
33.gif

Ooops I seem to have hit a sore point
27.gif

I never intended that my little quip would take this thread Off Topic. I am sorry for that.

For the record I was living and working in the US long before I ever came to Canada.

But I assure you (from my personal experiance) that stereotype did not come out of a vacuum.
Most Americans that I have known are fine educated people, whom I am proud to call friends. But In my personal oppinion, for a world power, far too many of their population are dangerously ignorant of the outside world and world events. This bothers me!

Am I embarrassed for my faux pas? No!

You don't need to look too hard on this sit to see an America #1 bias, a little reality check is good for the ego.

You don't need to look too hard on this sit to see an America #1 bias

U-S-A !
U-S-A !
U-S-A !

And I have to go across the border to find a REAL Taco Bell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back