Interesting mailing from VW.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
I received this addendum to the the owner's manual of my Tiguan extending the brake fluid flush from 2 to 3 years. I suspect this was done to cheap out on paying for a brake fluid flush for the 2 year prepaid maintenance plan that they added to the window sticker as an option - $240 for two oil changes and specifically did not include tire rotations (I cancelled the plan and received a check from VW). The dealer then sent a coupon for the first oil change for free! LOL

YdTxFjJ.jpg

e9ZNtfO.jpg

At least VW lets you get the sunroof as a $1200 standalone option. Some cars make you pay $6000 for the sunroof as part of some stupid package (Hyundai and Kia are the worst at this)

A brake fluid flush every two yrs seems like overkill. I wonder if they spec two yrs knowing many owners will push that interval to three or four yrs.

A brake fluid flush every two yrs seems like overkill. I wonder if they spec two yrs knowing many owners will push that interval to three or four yrs.
It sure seems like it. On the flip side, sometimes I try to do so every year. A little but often, and then it never has to be a "full" flush. Easy for the DIY'r to do, but totally not worth paying for it every year--if you have to pay, then pay for a full and proper flush, when required.

Back