Interesting find..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this on the EPA page. It's a alphabetical listing of all EPA registered fuel additives by brand name and who makes it. For example I learned CRC mfgs cleaners for NAPA, Honda and Federated while Chevron mfgs cleaners under the ACdelco, Toyota, BMW, Mini, Nissan, Saab, Hyundai and MOPAR brands to name just a few. This is not a MSDS db, so it doesn't list ingredients just brand and who makes it.

Enjoy..

https://www3.epa.gov/otaq/fuels1/ffars/web-gas.htm#C

Last edited:
Yes the EPA requires registration so it is proven the additive does not adversely affect the emissions nor the emission control equipment on the vehicle, nor be toxic to the public.

It's interesting that even aerosol cleaners are included in the list.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Yes the EPA requires registration so it is proven the additive does not adversely affect the emissions nor the emission control equipment on the vehicle, nor be toxic to the public.

It's interesting that even aerosol cleaners are included in the list.

Unless you're one of those types that practically runs more additives than fuel!
lol.gif

I mostly found it neat to learn who's making what for whom.. other than that there's not a whole lot of info here.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Unless you're one of those types that practically runs more additives than fuel!
lol.gif

No doubt. Even so it should still be all right in regards to what the EPA cares about, otherwise the instructions would likely carry the typical "use of this product contrary to the labeling is a violation of federal law" disclaimer. I don't know how well your vehicle would run but it shouldn't cause excessive emissions nor damage the equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back