Interesting experience today

My wife and I went to a decent sized air and car show this morning. Family friendly event. Pancake breakfast, no alcohol, vintage plane rides. etc.

While waiting in a line of cars to leave, an older lady was walking along the line of cars with a little green rubber duck held up in her hands. She held it up to use and we shook our heads no. She went to the next car and then came back, held it in perfect display, and slammed it onto the cowl of our new 4Runner and walked away. Hit it pretty hard IMO. I can see it going horribly wrong if that was done to the wrong person.

I left it there to see how long it’d take to blow away. Didn’t take long.

I can’t make this stuff up. I have no idea what the issue was. Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend.

She sounds like a certified nut job. Maybe her parents did too many drugs when she was conceived or she needs to put down the crack pipe. I really wish freaks like that weren't allowed to be in society. I bet you wanted to shove that thing down her throat!

She sounds like a certified nut job. Maybe her parents did too many drugs when she was conceived or she needs to put down the crack pipe. I really wish freaks like that weren't allowed to be in society. I bet you wanted to shove that thing down her throat!
Ill just say she is lucky she didn’t do that to someone as nuts as her.

Could the symbolism of the green duck be some kind of ESG message she was trying to send? Obviously she was having some kind of mental moment.

?

Why assign blame or engage is supposition with "zero" information. People have all sorts of behavior/cognition/perception issues not directly related to their behavior or their parents.

People suffer as a result of auto accidents, medical issues etc.

I might suggest going thru life assuming everyone' s issues are their own fault isn't too wise. JMO

?

Why assign blame or engage is supposition with "zero" information. People have all sorts of behavior/cognition/perception issues not directly related to their behavior or their parents.

People suffer as a result of auto accidents, medical issues etc.

I might suggest going thru life assuming everyone' s issues are their own fault isn't too wise. JMO
Are you insinuating we did something to deserve this?

Sit down, sir.. and move along.

little green rubber duck held up in her hands. She held it up to use and we shook our heads no. She went to the next car and then came back, held it in perfect display, and slammed it onto the cowl of our new 4Runner and walked away.
What do you mean, little green rubber duck? Like hunters use as decoys?
She held it up to use, how?
How did she hold it in perfect display?
Did she cause damage? If so, did you call the police?

There's something about the little rubber ducks in the Jeep world. Search "duck duck jeep". I came back from a mountain bike ride and a little rubber duck was sitting on the cowl of the Xterra. Like a thumbs up I guess. Maybe she's a hardcore Jeep person....

My wife and I went to a decent sized air and car show this morning. Family friendly event. Pancake breakfast, no alcohol, vintage plane rides. etc.

While waiting in a line of cars to leave, an older lady was walking along the line of cars with a little green rubber duck held up in her hands. She held it up to use and we shook our heads no. She went to the next car and then came back, held it in perfect display, and slammed it onto the cowl of our new 4Runner and walked away. Hit it pretty hard IMO. I can see it going horribly wrong if that was done to the wrong person.

I left it there to see how long it’d take to blow away. Didn’t take long.

I can’t make this stuff up. I have no idea what the issue was. Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend.

Something like that almost happened to me a few months ago in Austin.

Back