Interesting Cartridge Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Wix 57047 cartridge filter taken from a 2007 Toyota Sienna.

Wix 57047 filter pic

Note the cracks across and all the way through the end sealing material. The cracks were on one side only. Oil was Pennz YB @ around 4000 miles / 3 months.

I don't have as much faith in this new system as I did in the old screw on can filters.

i changed lots of filters on those new style sienna's all with oem filters. i have never seen one like that.

spends the extra 50 cents or whatever you are saving and use a OEM filter.....toyota knows what they are doing. they wont put a cheap filter in their cars.

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Toyo filters are barely acceptable.

How so?

Barely acceptable construction. Still lightyears ahead of Fram, and perfectly fine for 5k OCI's, but there's better value for the moneys elsewhere...

Tell us then.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Toyo filters are barely acceptable.

umm...and what makes you thing that? a bunch of guys on a internet board who cut filters open and have no idea what they are looking at?

toyota filters are perectly fine.......everyone on this board who thinks they know something needs to get their heads out of their [censored].

Quote:
Note the cracks across and all the way through the end sealing material. The cracks were on one side only.

The cracks are almost (for all practical purposes) 180° out of each other which sorta suggest some dissecting force applied to that end ..while the other end had an even surface preventing it from seeing the same stress.

Where a filter is made is meaningless in todays world. A visual inspection of a used filter doesn't mean anything unless you know the condition causes a problem with the performance of the filter.
Your best off looking at this filter from OEM, Fram, Purolator and WIX and see if any of them show a significant difference in quality. My guess is, you won't.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Maybe we should let WIX inspect the filter and give us an answer.

Wix has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back