interest conversation ( car title relate )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shopping today, I heard this lady talking on a phone, something about, she bought a car from this dealer , but the dealer is went out business, she dont know if she ever can get title from it.

Im kinda want to know what happens if you bought a car from a dealer, then dealer went out off business, it mean you dont have to pay monthly any more ? or will ever get a title ?

That's sad to read (After deciphering a bit
wink.gif
)

lol , I dont know how that will turn out any good. There must be some company still collecting payment and release the title once payment is complete ?

if it is a buy here pay here place would it be a bank?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
no they hold the title until its paid off. often they repo the same cars over and over as people that cant get a real loan cant afford a car anyway.

Originally Posted By: Rand

good question, what if that buy here pay here is out off business and they still holding the title ?

I know when I bought my vehicle I got a title that named the dealer as well as the bank I got my loan from as the lien holder. When I paid it off I got a lien release from the bank which gives me ownership of the title free and clear. Not sure how the rinky dink dealers do it though.

Dealers in my state at least have to hold a bond. If they do banking activity I would expect more protections.

The thing to do is to keep mailing payments per your contract until told to do otherwise. When you get the checks back you can figure out who's cashing them. If a mailed payment gets returned unopened I'd bring it to court and ask them to declare the car "owned".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back