Intel report : Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5W40 (delvac I) 1-gallon jugs at Wally World

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GC vs. Mobil1 T & SUV war is heating up.

All these wonderful oil choices are killing me.

Ohhh the indecision....for the love of humanity...err my engine
smile.gif
*lol*

It's important to note that the more obscure an oil is, the better it must be. Advantage German Castrol here, hands down.

Oils which cannot be readily found on the store shelves are the ones to seek out; they are certainly the better choices.

Common oils, which can be found practically anywhere, are of course boring and ineffective and show increased wear metals in UOA's.

That's what makes GC so special, and such a great oil. It's hard to find. Sometimes AutoZone won't even have it on their shelves. Don't laugh, it's been known to happen, and it isn't pretty when it does.

Remember, too, that no watermelon tastes as good as a stolen watermelon. Not encouraging anyone to shoplift, but I've often wondered how much better the UOA's would look if one were to "liberate" a few quarts of the elixer. Probably at least some better I would think...

wink.gif

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by fuel tanker man:
It's important to note that the more obscure an oil is, the better it must be. Advantage German Castrol here, hands down.

Oils which cannot be readily found on the store shelves are the ones to seek out; they are certainly the better choices.

Common oils, which can be found practically anywhere, are of course boring and ineffective and show increased wear metals in UOA's.

That's what makes GC so special, and such a great oil. It's hard to find. Sometimes AutoZone won't even have it on their shelves. Don't laugh, it's been known to happen, and it isn't pretty when it does.

Remember, too, that no watermelon tastes as good as a stolen watermelon. Not encouraging anyone to shoplift, but I've often wondered how much better the UOA's would look if one were to "liberate" a few quarts of the elixer. Probably at least some better I would think...

wink.gif

Dan

I really don't understand your mumble-jumbo or the point you are trying to make, but, M1 T&SUV (aka Delvac 1) is a VERY highly regarded oil throughout the world. It's also dual rated for Diesel/Gas (diesel being primary purpose), in which it is very good at (GC is not), and last but not least, we know it is made with ~ 25 ester and the rest PAO....so yopu know exactly what you are getting.
GC has definitely proven to be a top-notch oil, but so has Delvac 1. Disregarding viscosity, I would give the advantage to Delvac 1, just because of it diesel ratings, which makes it more versatile.

May-be thats what makes the Esso XD-3 Extra just a bit better...only Canadians can buy it
tongue.gif
...going to my Esso bulk dealer in about an hour to pick up a 4x4 of the stuff..$68 Can. can't beat it
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by fuel tanker man:
That's what makes GC so special, and such a great oil. It's hard to find. Sometimes AutoZone won't even have it on their shelves. Don't laugh, it's been known to happen, and it isn't pretty when it does. Dan

Dan;
Normally i agree with you but the Elves are gonna be UPSET with this...

darrell
sin city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back