Intel processor bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Just an FYI, but KB4056894 just showed up for my Windows 7 VM (2018-01 Security Monthly Quarterly Rollup).

I just did a search for new updates on mine. It did not find anything. Strange.

Looks like Microsoft may be withholding this patch from me due to the third party AV (Bitdefender Free) that may have an issue with it...

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-mel...icrosoft-patch/

Note - IBM mainframes have had storage keys and programming state (problem or supervisor) for ever and never heard of bugs in that area. Keep program in key 8 and problem state and nearly impossible to do bad things.

Companies want to get off the mainframe into distributed servers and the cloud (Intel server) and they get this.

Get what you pay for.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Just an FYI, but KB4056894 just showed up for my Windows 7 VM (2018-01 Security Monthly Quarterly Rollup).

I just did a search for new updates on mine. It did not find anything. Strange.

Looks like Microsoft may be withholding this patch from me due to the third party AV (Bitdefender Free) that may have an issue with it...

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-mel...icrosoft-patch/

Do you have the latest version and updates on Bitdefender Free?

Security update KB4056894 loaded fine on my Windows 7 machine. I installed it on 1/4/2018. Shown at the top of the list.

Maybe Microsoft got the fix in place for Bitdefender Free but not the full blown version of Bitdefender, if that makes any difference.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Version: 1.0.21.1109
Last Updated: Today 7:32 PM

What version are you on?

According to Bitdefender, everything should have been kosher as of 1/4/18:
https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/sup..._update_01_2018

Are you running the free version or the full version?

Mine is Bitdefender Free version - just took this snip-it from it. If Bitdefender fixed it on 1/4/18, then it must have been right before I did the Windows Update KB4056894.

Version: 1.0.21.1109
Last Updated: Today 7:32 PM

Why is your version above mine? - I'm assuming you're running Bitdefender Free.

Mine is showing version 1.0.9.73 and it shows it is more current info than yours (1/6/18 @ 8:12 pm). I just looked at it as shown in my post above.

Does yours look like this:

Why is your version above mine?

I have no idea. I am using the free version. I may have in the past stopped Bitdefender from upgrading to the latest version, so maybe I am on some older version, but then why is my version number higher than yours? Strange.

39519805342_2bd1f3cfe9_o.png

Why is your version above mine?

I have no idea. I am using the free version. I may have in the past stopped Bitdefender from upgrading to the latest version, so maybe I am on some older version, but then why is my version number higher than yours? Strange.

39519805342_2bd1f3cfe9_o.png

That's what mine use to look like ... so you might still be running the old stuff? It is strange that your version is higher than mine.
21.gif

I can't remember is I uninstalled Bitdefender Free and downloaded and installed a new one from Bitdefender's website, or if the one I had that looked like yours did some kind of upgrade on its own.

I installed the latest version from Bitdefender's website, but upon install it shows I'm at version 1.0.9.69, and I'm still not seeing that Windows Update in question. I don't know how to force Bitdefender to update itself to 1.0.9.73. Maybe it'll do it on its own at some point.

I installed the latest version from Bitdefender's website, but upon install it shows I'm at version 1.0.9.69, and I'm still not seeing that Windows Update in question. I don't know how to force Bitdefender to update itself to 1.0.9.73. Maybe it'll do it on its own at some point.

Yeah, if it looks like mine now it should auto update. Mine seems to auto update many times a day. Your's should auto update to 1.0.9.73 very soon.

I'm looking through the Windows Update history on my Win 7 machine and don't see any updates being installed in the last few weeks.

A 7 machine at the office got a big update the other day. An 8.1 did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back