Intake Valve Cleaning with CRC - Before/After Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by StevieC
It should never have gotten that bad in the first place if the maintenance with the CRC was done regularly IMO.

Yes, regularly like every 10K miles, from new.
wink.gif

It will vary depending on the monster but yeah looks like those valves were neglected for sure. Ford and Mazda seem to have the best control I've seen out of the ones I have looked at.

Nice share. Oddly enough, i used CRC on my old Veloster too. It got up to 88k miles or before sold and had no drivability issues.

I will use CRC every 10k or 15k miles in the Sportage after this video.

Originally Posted by wemay
Nice share. Oddly enough, i used CRC on my old Veloster too. It got up to 88k miles or before sold and had no drivability issues.

Was it a first generation?

Originally Posted by wemay
Nice share. Oddly enough, i used CRC on my old Veloster too. It got up to 88k miles before sold and had no drivability issues.

Was it a first generation?

Yup. and rarely saw synthetic oil. I just changed out the 5W20 every 5K and ran Top Tier.

Last edited:
That's interesting... Thanks for sharing. Maybe I should let the next oil change go without the CRC and then check out the valves through the spark plug holes with my Boroscope. I can just turn over the car manually to get them to open in view.

It should never have gotten that bad in the first place if the maintenance with the CRC was done regularly IMO.

wink.gif

That's exactly what I'm doing on the ATS. However at every 6k miles. The key to preventing carbon buildup, is not to let it buildup.

Originally Posted by webfors

wink.gif

That's exactly what I'm doing on the ATS. However at every 6k miles. The key to preventing carbon buildup, is not to let it buildup.

Exactly, and the 10k treatments should do just that.

wink.gif

Is the ATS known for intake valve carbon build up? Studies have shown the treatment rate of intank PEA cleaners actually reduce carbon on intake valve.

Thanks for posting! It makes sense to throw in a PEA fuel treatment after doing this to get the piston head cleaned up of any debris that gets lodged. SI-1 or PI, etc.

He posted a video of what it did to the cylinder for cleaning which was minimal. But considering how gross it was CRC really did the job. I bought this stuff to test and do a video before and after so this saves me.

It's funny how people say it needs more treatments. Of course, the before was terrible and people want magic in a can.

It appears to work. It does remove additional carbon after a few thousand miles of use. Being said no way would I use it every 10K miles.

After seeing the pics DI Injector Problems Trav posted on DI injectors, carbon build up on the valves is only a small part of the problem with some of these engines. I think as time goes on more issues will be arising.
27.gif

Originally Posted by dave1251

wink.gif

Is the ATS known for intake valve carbon build up? Studies have shown the treatment rate of intank PEA cleaners actually reduce carbon on intake valve.

I'm assuming it's an issue on any DI engine until proven otherwise. This is simply preventative maintenance as a result of the lack of evidence that DI intake valves are as clean and carbon free as port injected engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back