Insurance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 year old on an 07 600 cbr. Better off seperate insurnace company or with his parents on allstate? Have a feeling were gonna get raped just wondering if anyone could give me a ball park looking for under 700. Tried to research but I'm getting stuff all over the board. No points on license either. Thanks =)

This is more of a "general topic" discussion, than a motorcycle specific issue.

Moving it. MOD

Last edited:
I'm with Silk. Google CBR600 and you'll basically find videos of people clowning around.

Are all CBR600 owners clowns? No. Is your kid a "really good kid"? I'm sure. At least let him find the policy and pay for it; might set off the "grown up" part of his brain.

Lest I look like some geezer, I have a (young) son and I myself ride... but an old cruiser that can't do wheelies or fronties accidentally or on purpose.

Originally Posted By: Silk
16 year old on a CBR 600? Are you talking life insurance here?

+1
I would guess motorcycle insurance would be $3-4k/year here...
Does the kid road race already? Even then I think this is fairly bad idea but I don't know the situation.

Having a dirtbike at 13 I learned all about crashing going at a snails pace on dirt to know that it would be no fun at 80mph+ into road hazards....

Can he even get his own insurance? I don't think he can enter into a contract until he's 18. I can't insure anything unless I own it. I can't own it until I'm 18.

Rape is a strong word but he is talking about the insurance industry after all.

I would get verbal quotes over the phone. An on-line quote will be too easily padded with extra fees by the time you commit to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back