Instant Pudding Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I decided to make some Nilla and bananas in vanilla pudding. Got my ingredients at the store thinking that I was getting a regular pudding mix.

I came home and discovered that it's instant Pudding. I've tasted it once in the past and it seemed like a nasty concoction. This one was a better brand and tasted OK but still has that baking soda aftertaste.

Is there any way to make it edible - I still have a few boxes left (never go to the store hungry).

Go to store buy some fresh broccoli cabbage carrots beans peas mixed greens.Toss other items in trash and enjoy heck get nice strip steak along with it and enjoy.. I go to the store hungry all the time and get lean as heck,

Is the store too far to go do an exchange? Might as well spend your money on something you enjoy eating.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
Yesterday I decided to make some Nilla and bananas in vanilla pudding. Got my ingredients at the store thinking that I was getting a regular pudding mix.

I came home and discovered that it's instant Pudding. I've tasted it once in the past and it seemed like a nasty concoction. This one was a better brand and tasted OK but still has that baking soda aftertaste.

Is there any way to make it edible - I still have a few boxes left (never go to the store hungry).

I thought I had heard a lot of "first world" problems before...but that one takes the cake, or uh, pudding.

That stuff is terrible. I buy pudding once in a while and always make sure to get the Cook and Serve stuff.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Is the store too far to go do an exchange? Might as well spend your money on something you enjoy eating.

I'd be surprised if they do food exchanges besides refund for spoilage or something... terrorist world we live in today, they could slip some poison or glass or bacteria or who knows what into something.

I sure wouldn't want things I'm picking off a shelf thinking they're new, being something someone else has already taken home then returned.

Personally I don't mind Jello instant pudding much, as long as it's not sugar free. I'm not much into pudding but prefer it over cooked pudding. Meh I'd just as soon have the banana alone or make a fruit salad out of it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dave9
Originally Posted by Reddy45

I'd be surprised if they do food exchanges besides refund for spoilage or something... terrorist world we live in today, they could slip some poison or glass or bacteria or who knows what into something.

I sure wouldn't want things I'm picking off a shelf thinking they're new, being something someone else has already taken home then returned.

[Full disclosure, I'm a Cashier @ meijer.]

We Do take Food back for exchange, but anything edible that's left the building gets branded "Foods return not for sale" or something to that effect.(there's a specific giant orange sticker, i just don't remember the exact wording @ the moment.)
such items eventually get written off, and go into the trash.

even if you noticed you got the wrong thing while loading the groceries into your car.

if it's left the building, it doesn't go back on the shelf.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Imp4
Instant pudding woes is a thing?!?

Apparently it is. I never, ever, thought in my lifetime that "pudding" and "woes" would be used in the same sentence, but lo and behold, there it is. The world just boggles my mind today.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by Imp4
Instant pudding woes is a thing?!?

Apparently it is. I never, ever, thought in my lifetime that "pudding" and "woes" would be used in the same sentence, but lo and behold, there it is. The world just boggles my mind today.

Well I guess if you stepped into a bucket of instant pudding then you'd have instant pudding woes.

So there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back