Installing Rubber Valve Stems / Choice of Lubricant

I am currently running some snow tires on my factory rims. I purchased some new Enkei wheels that I am prepping for A/S tires that will go on this spring. The Autel TPMS sensors will use rubber valve stems. I know that the normal installation of the valve stems would use standard tire mounting lube. I do not have that and do not want to purchase a gallon for this very limited use. Are there any concerns in using a bit of soapy water or even silicone spray or silicone-based grease/lube to ease installation of the new valve stems?

I agree with all of the other comments. If it's a one-time valve stem installation then just mix up some slicky slimy soapy water and use it sparingly.

I worked at a tire shop as a kid and have installed many hundreds of valve stems and we never lubed any of them. Never had much difficulty installing them.

The OP has one tiny little valve stem to install. He doesn't need $30 worth of bead lube or a gallon jug of Ru-Glyde. A drop of dish soap or some spit will work perfectly.
stem1.JPG
stem 3.JPG

Back