Installed Cooper A/T3's 2015 Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tire Discounters had a great deal on them $209 a tire installed. Free alignment plus the Coopers have a $70 mail in rebate.

Ride far better than the factory Goodyears did, no noticeable extra road noise.

Congrats! We have two sets of coopers on our cars- the tundra and the mix, and are very pleased. The AT3 doesn't get a lot of press but has some impressive performance reviews, probably one of the best well-rounded ATs available.

Thanks fellas!! I love this truck. She was my present to myself after paying off the Wifes student loans. Hope to keep her for many years!

What size are you running? About 40k on my AT3's in P265/70r17. Still plenty of tread left, still driving great.

Originally Posted By: buck91
What size are you running? About 40k on my AT3's in P265/70r17. Still plenty of tread left, still driving great.

275/60R20 I think they are rated at 55k, I hope they last that long.

Good looking tires and truck!

As your truck is a '15, interested to know what came OE for tires and your mileage as you pulled them off already.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
Good looking tires and truck!

As your truck is a '15, interested to know what came OE for tires and your mileage as you pulled them off already.

Thank you!

The OE tires were Goodyear SRA's. Which comes on every Ram on every trim level as long as it has a 20in rim. Over on the Ram forums the complaints are VAST on how terrible these tires are from premature wear to poor performance, etc. My experience was no different.

Mine had 20k on them %90 highway miles. They looked like they had many more then that. The side walls had ripples in them that almost looked like a broken belt, but Goodyear said it was "normal". There was a constant vibration at highway speeds because the set could not be balanced correctly even on a road force machine. Worst tire I've ever owned as far as on road performance.

Ram is apparently going to use a different manufacture for its' next generation truck that comes out for model year 2018. I for one will not buy a vehicle with those on them again.

Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
The OE tires were Goodyear SRA's. Which comes on every Ram on every trim level as long as it has a 20in rim. Over on the Ram forums the complaints are VAST on how terrible these tires are from premature wear to poor performance, etc. My experience was no different.

Mine had 20k on them %90 highway miles. They looked like they had many more then that. The side walls had ripples in them that almost looked like a broken belt, but Goodyear said it was "normal". There was a constant vibration at highway speeds because the set could not be balanced correctly even on a road force machine. Worst tire I've ever owned as far as on road performance.

Identical tires on our 14 RAM. My woman condemned them early for poor wet weather performance. I already knew they were LRR tires chosen for a point of mileage.

When they left we also noted huge improvements in all areas, Mopar really missed it on those SRA's...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Identical tires on our 14 RAM. My woman condemned them early for poor wet weather performance. I already knew they were LRR tires chosen for a point of mileage.

When they left we also noted huge improvements in all areas, Mopar really missed it on those SRA's...

Not uncommon for OEM's to have different design priority. Those tires were spec'ed mainly for fuel economy.

The Yokohama g91f and g95a that come OEM on subaru foresters are very bad as well IMO, but blame the car manufacturer not the tire manufacturer.

COOPER A/T-3 is probably Cooper's best tire.. hands down.

I recently replaced the SRAs that came OEM on my 14 F-150 with a set of Terra Grappler G2s. The Goodyears were the worst tires in wet weather I've ever driven on and developed the same sidewall ripples the OP talked about. Still had decent tread but seemed to puncture easily by rocks and gravel. When I brought it in for the 7th repair I had the shop replace them. Not noticeable difference in mileage with the new ones, they stick well in wet weather so I am happy.

0B0E1353-0ED7-4D78-9314-F449FFF78F51_zpskqbqkwtf.jpg

136B7019-3077-4AE2-A770-508D412BF143_zpsxrd9ufaw.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on my second set of AT3's. First set made it 70k on a heavy diesel pickup before I hit the wear bars. This set is on pace to do about the same, 30k on them and they are going great.

I've just passed the 5000 mile mark on mine and I really like them so far. 99% on road and had no issue when off. Quiet, smooth...great tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back