Inner tire wear - rear solid axle

As I understand it, once a tire develops a feather or chop and the condition that caused it is corrected, it will just cause the tire to start wearing evenly across the tread. Low spots will remain low and high will remain high, etc.

I have been wrong before.
Ya, the wear is already there. People all the time would get an alignment and wonder why their tires were still worn all funky. Well um contrary to popular belief, an alignment isn't going to add rubber back onto the tire.

I may have missed this is it one side or both sides? I wonder about thrust angle and the leaf spring has moved forward or backward on one side

Those look from wrong toe, so will need to check if any adjustment can be made or put some spacer to correct it if no other issue is pronounced enough

Ya, the wear is already there. People all the time would get an alignment and wonder why their tires were still worn all funky. Well um contrary to popular belief, an alignment isn't going to add rubber back onto the tire.

So the reason why I thought I might have a chance is because of the load. Sometimes it’s unloaded, I’d think that with high pressure, there would be less contact on the low sections. When loaded, the contact would be consistent with what it always is. But hoping that when lightly loaded, the contact area might be less, and the tire surfs on the high spots...

I may have missed this is it one side or both sides? I wonder about thrust angle and the leaf spring has moved forward or backward on one side

The pictures I posted were both sides on the rear.

its not just inner wear, its the worst there, but the tread blocks are worn cupped/scalloped?
ie it looks like someone randomly sanded the tread blocks.

is it possible the front end is starting the wear pattern?.. and you rotated them?
What do the other 3 tires look like?

I snapped a pic of one of the front tires. They are wearing nicely and evenly.

18F85F50-C479-41EF-A280-7D7E0052D996.jpeg
7DDE3DB0-099D-4351-A309-38EDA757DF22.jpeg

As I understand it, once a tire develops a feather or chop and the condition that caused it is corrected, it will just cause the tire to start wearing evenly across the tread. Low spots will remain low and high will remain high, etc.

I have been wrong before.
This is just what happened to me with my Sierra and Cooper AT3's. I started noticing the front tires feathering or chopping on the inside, they were not as bad as the OP's, I caught it at about 1/8-3/16. Moved fronts to back and got it aligned and now you can barley tell it happened, I can still feel it when I run my hand across them a little but it took about 5000 miles.

So I'm guessing it depends on how bad you let it get before you get the cause fixed.

Is it possible those tires had been on the front for the previous owner, and before they sold it to you they got an alignment and rotated the tires?

If you put a ibeam level on the outside of the rear tires resting how much is it off? If you jack it up at the diff and take the same measurements does it change? Maybe you can see something moving or loose causing the problem.

4 wheel alignment will tell you for sure. How many miles on tires at this picture?

I thought when I had ball joints done, that they put it on the rack. I was right. Just couldn’t find the paper.

Finally found it.

3CD2C53D-5FB8-4054-B352-3C5477F0E43A.jpeg

Nothing wrong there. Did you check the alignment with the truck loaded ? Alignment readings could change quite a bit with weight in the bed.

Back