Inner Fender Splash Shields missing

Today, I was washing down the salt off my 04 Ford Sport Trac. I have noticed that I could see into the engine compartment more than I used to from the front wheel wells. I thought it was unusual. So I looked and it appeared that the splash shield was missing from both of them. Probably weren't put on when I had my body mounts replaced 2 months ago. I go see if I can get them back, but 2 months are gone and they are probably gone. If that is the case, I figured that the replacement part is XL2Z-16103-AA and XL2Z-16102-AA. Would I be correct?

This is the kind of thing you get from the junkyard. The dealer will probably charge too much for it.

You might be ok with not even replacing them. Just another thing you won't have to do when replacing something in that area :sneaky:

Looks like you need

Those are still quite cheap. Wouldn't even mess with junkyard parts at that price. They would probably want $30 for a torn and cracked one anyway.

Looks like you need

Those are still quite cheap. Wouldn't even mess with junkyard parts at that price. They would probably want $30 for a torn and cracked one anyway.

That's cheaper than I thought it would be :eek:

Looks like you need

Those are not what I am looking for. They look like the actual wheel well.

Just go to the local ford dealer its probably under $100 for both. By all means replace them, they are more critical than most people realize especially in the salt belt. Before installing them clean and dry underneath where they fit thoroughly and rustproof the area with Noxudol 700.

Not the cheapest for sure but the best you can buy in a spray can.

Last edited:
I’d message bdcardinal and get the correct part numbers just to make sure. He is the man to go to for Ford parts always gets me the right numbers I need.
Why not support the local ford dealer as long as shipping isn't absurd?

+2 on Trav, keep the salt out of there.

Mention the problem to the shop that left them off
Yes, I have. They told me they didn't have them. I know they are fairly honest. A little before that, I had someone else do some work on it, in that area. I text him. Nope. I think it could be a good chance he ripped them off. My fault for not noticing it after either of them worked on it, but is an area you look at a lot. So I guess it is on me to replace. At least, it looks like I can do for under $50.

Back