Injectors question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did ultrasound and liquid cleaning in my friends garage with proper injector cleaning tool. Before cleaning we test them and one was off by 10%. After cleaning we manage to get him to 5 % less than one that puts out most fuel. Others were in range of 1-2% .

Should I be worried with this?

5% at test is done with a lot of flow, you'd fine since engine doesn't consume that much when running. Most of time will deliver same amounts at lower flow rates.

5% static flow is at the end of the scale but serviceable.
Auto flow numbers are more important, they could be way different either better or much worse.

Auto flow means 600, 1666, 2500, 5000 and 10,000 RPM at various ms and that simulates actual running conditions.
Its not unusual to see failures in the 2500 and 5,000 rpm in the 12ms range.

Try them and run an applications of Liqui Moly Pro-Line in a tank that has about 10ltr gasoline in it. This is a 1 ltr can of cleaner and it works well.

http://www.motoroel-king.de/de/Additive/...LIQUI-MOLY.html

Trav, thanks much appreciated.
You confirmed my thoughts that 5% off is at bottom end of serviceability, but still serviceable.
Those 5% difference actually are found when we performed simulated flow at varius rpm and ms. They should be super clean now, we ultrasound them three times, and put them on a bench couple of times with solution cleaner, problematic one even more. Will try LM also, that's a great product.

We used test and clean bench like this;
http://www.spinsrl.it/en/spin/test-benches-and-injector-cleaner/258-banco-grigio-evolution-base.html

Chris, thats a good machine. I have 2 Asnu units and one similar to that one.
How is you ultrasonic tank operating? Can you get the injectors right above the transducer about 10 mm above it and fire the injector as its being cleaned?

Any idea what the inductance readings are on these injectors is it fluctuating all over the place or are they stable? I bet the dirty one is reading slightly higher.
If you want to play around a little you can try the one that is low alone in the tank for a hour being triggered then blow it backwards with air while being trigged when its done.

In any case it will run fine and now the dirt has been broken up by the ultrasonic the small bit caught under the disc/pintel nozzle should get flushed out with the LM within a couple of hours in operation.

Hi Trav,
Actually the machine is of a good friend of my who owns repair shop.
I didn't see ultrasound cleaning procedure so can't comment on that, he was done with that before I came there. But he did say he tried more then once on that problematic one. .
After we flush them for long, and then did the rpm and ms test. Not sure on inductance reading, but no mention from him so I'm guessing they are ok.
What I did notice is that on that particular injector stream was slightly different, more mist around stream.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chrisri

What I did notice is that on that particular injector stream was slightly different, more mist around stream.

Yes thats a sure sign of a little particle caught. I am pretty confident it will clear in use.

cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back