"inifnity" 5w-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to use the castrol 5w-50 anymore...

The dealership has some oil labeled

"inifnity 5w30" and I guess they use it for inifnites...it is not synthetic...

but i want the syntheticadvantages...

can i just use this oil, change it ever 2k and stil retain the advantages of synthetic? I dont know what brand really....

Interesting "Infinity Oil". My wife has a 1998 Infinity QX4 and I use Castrol GTX and a Nissan oil filter every 3 months or 3000 miles (WCF). I didn't know Infinity has their own oil. Does any one know who makes the oil
confused.gif
for Infinity?
Thanks

PALMERWMD
Just wondering, whwn you say Mobile 1 dino oil is that the same as regular "Mobile Drive Clean" oil? Is Mobile better that Castrol GTX or Pennziol?
Thanks

yea, it just says in marker on the dispenser infinity 5w-30, im sure its just plain dino oil, i guess its mobil drive clean...

although, i dont trust mobil dino oil enough to be as good as mobil 1 synthetic....

what is everyones opinions on using mobil dino 5w30 changed every 2k against mobil 1 synthetic changed every 3-4k?
will the synthtic still protect better, wear less even with a constant flow of FRESH oil?

I wonder if this "Infinity" oil is actually "Infinium" oil, which is made by Infinium and sold in bulk. Infinium is the joint venture between Shell and ExxonMobil and they are the maker and distributor of Shell's excellent VI improver, ShellVis--though this is now marketed as Infinium's "SV" line.

i dont think so... it just says infinity because thats what they put in the inifnites...like the 5w50 says MB 5w50 for mercedes...

quote:

Originally posted by eldawg4100:
I am not going to use the castrol 5w-50 anymore...

The dealership has some oil labeled

"inifnity 5w30" and I guess they use it for inifnites...it is not synthetic...

but i want the syntheticadvantages...

can i just use this oil, change it ever 2k and stil retain the advantages of synthetic? I dont know what brand really....

eldawg, I think that changing your oil at 2000 miles is overkill. If you look at the "Used Oil Analysis Forum", you will see that many members are getting great results with dino oil at 3-5K mile intervals. -Joe

quote:

Originally posted by Big Red:
PALMERWMD
Just wondering, whwn you say Mobile 1 dino oil is that the same as regular "Mobile Drive Clean" oil? Is Mobile better that Castrol GTX or Pennziol?
Thanks

I believe it to be the exact same oil based on conversations I had with an Infinti servcie writer.
Also it makes sense to not change a formulation needlessly, if you already are making a hi volumne oil.

The MOBIL dino oil (drive clean) has a good rep and they obviosuly advertise a strong detergent package.

A known good oil, if its any better than the castrol GTX and teh Pennzoil, which have done really well in recent years would be speculation on my part.
They are all good oils.

Fred...
smile.gif

PS: I was surprised when i found out castrol GTX and Pennnzoil are doing so well, for years they were both infamous among the techs in the field as poor oils.
But now they are doing very well based on actual oil analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back