Inherited house came with a 1963 Ferrari 250GT Lusso

It was hidden under a cover. The heirs didn’t even know it existed until they were prepping the house for sale and collecting whatever was there.

That’s my hometown. Born and raised in Santa Cruz. I’m not surprised that little house sold for 2.51 million.

I sure wish I could find an old Ferrari or other fascinating Italian sports car somewhere. I just don't understand why these things never happen to me. Oh well... I still buy my one lottery ticket each week in hopes that maybe,,, JUST maybe!!!!

I sure wish I could find an old Ferrari or other fascinating Italian sports car somewhere. I just don't understand why these things never happen to me. Oh well... I still buy my one lottery ticket each week in hopes that maybe,,, JUST maybe!!!!
I'd settle for a burnt GTV 6!

It was hidden under a cover. The heirs didn’t even know it existed until they were prepping the house for sale and collecting whatever was there.

This happen in Los Angeles 6 years ago. A widower was going through the garage with her grandson on low and behold a Lamborghini Countach and Ferrari 328 were under all of the junk in her garage. I wish I were that lucky. 250 gt Lussos are a $1.6-2 million dollar car now.

Is it just me, or does 1.5 million seem a little thin for a very nice vintage 3 liter V-12 Ferrari?
I recall Brock Yates mentioning in a column that he had owned one of these Lussos (luxury in Italian), probably in the seventies, and sold it on for what today would be a laughable sum and he thought he'd done pretty well.

Geez….when we bought our acreage the kids came in yelling they found a hidden room in the barn that had the door nailed shut. I was hoping an old tractor was in there but all we found was the dried up remains of a cat that had gotten in there and couldn’t get out.

Lucky folks in Santa Cruz.

Back