Ingersoll Rand Garage mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know anything about these compressors. I need something to run basic air tools (ratchets,impact gun, maybe intermittant sandblasting). Would this be good enough for those things? I want something that will last a long time (no sears oil free pls) I'd also prefer something that I can move if need be.

My local TSC has them. The only problem is it looks like their twin stack motor/pump on the bigger tank. It doesn't look like the Garage mate in the pic on the Ingersoll web site. I'm still wondering about that.
The Farmhand brand actualy looks better built, but has a lesser warranty. It still seems like it would last a long time , though.

What is the problem with oil free compressors? They are more noisy but other than that I have had no problems with them for over 30 years.

all tools would be fine the hitch is sandblasting you realy need some big time volume of air. if you go cheap and want to sandblast it will not work. i woud not blast eaven if small without 25cfm at 90 psi. you will only become frustrated that it does not work or kill your compressor.

I couldn't even run a small nozzle on a sandblaster with that size compressor?

I mean it seems kinda rediculous for me to buy a 25cfm compressor just to mess around with in my garage. I'm not running a a paintshop...

it might sound as if i might be crazy but it so very true. the tank will run out in seconds then your running off the pump. if the pump cant put out the cfm it does not matter how big of tank or how much hp your out of luck. I do small blsting with a five gallon tank i run a 7.5 hp 25cfm@175 with 80 gallon tank it has all it can do to keep up after three min of blasting then its on the pump and blast at 125 psi. it will not keep up with a small compressor you will not get what you want done or get mad i bet you get mad first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back