Information.....OVERLOAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

What a forum!!

The information is crazy and voluminous.

Thanks for all the great information so far.

If you were going to choose one oil manufacturer to deal with for all your needs, who would it be? Figure your vehicles to consist of Diesel truck, Harley, Light duty trucks, Kia Souls, 4Runner, etc.

5d2.gif

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
First, welcome.

Second, are you asking for personal or professional reasons?

Both.

Some vehicles are personal and others are from my company.

Originally Posted By: Blackhatch
If you were going to choose one oil manufacturer

I have to ask: why?

Even if you do choose just one manufacturer, you will need many different products from its lineup to provide optimum lubrication for all the vehicles you mentioned.

My advice: buy the cheapest oil that meets each vehicle manufacturer's spec, especially if they're still under warranty.

If you were going to choose one oil manufacturer to deal with for all your needs, who would it be? Figure your vehicles to consist of Diesel truck, Harley, Light duty trucks, Kia Souls, 4Runner, etc.

Any of the majors carry products that will cover all of your needs. You're in Virginia, so you probably don't have access to Chevron passenger car motor oils, but you should be able to get Delo for your diesel and Havoline (owned by Chevron) for your gas engines. ExxonMobil makes oils for both (Delvac for diesels and Mobil/Mobil 1 for gas), and Shell makes oils for both (Rotella for diesels and Shell/Quaker State/Pennzoil for gas). Valvoline also offers lines for both, but their diesel oils are sometimes harder to find.

If your Harley requires something special, like an engine oil compatible with wet clutches, ExxonMobil may offer the best coverage there with some of its Mobil 1 motorcycle oils, but I think Harleys use separate engine and transmission oil sumps, so you should be good there.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
If you were going to choose one oil manufacturer

I have to ask: why?

Even if you do choose just one manufacturer, you will need many different products from its lineup to provide optimum lubrication for all the vehicles you mentioned.

My advice: buy the cheapest oil that meets each vehicle manufacturer's spec, especially if they're still under warranty.

Easier to source materials and have delivered to my office as well as standardize materials and have them in stock.

Easier to source materials and have delivered to my office as well as standardize materials and have them in stock.

Eh... if you're stocking a commercial garage, I'd say you're better off putting as much differentiation as possible between oils for use in different fleet vehicles. Granted, that's asking for trouble if you ever have to switch vendors for, say, your diesel oil...

Amsoil. Buy in 55 gallon drums. Extended drain for work and personal vehicles. One of the best, if not THE best oil filters on the market.

Rotella T6/Delvac 1 would do a fair job in the front of all of them

Check with local distributors, and see who has the biggest selection and best pricing and delivery options. That can vary significantly by location.

Thanks for all the feedback guys/gals.

Love the forum.

Sh*t-ton of information.

Amsoil - become a PC, place one order online for your personal and company fleets per year, and hit the distribution warehouse outside of Richmond to pick your order up there. That way you save on purchase costs and shipping, as well as having the convenience of one stop shopping. The warehouse is easy to get to right off of 64 near the RIC aiport. At the end of the tax year, claim the miles to/from the warehouse on your taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back