Information on Oils and Additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethyl
lol.gif
, yes, they are the consumer-minded folks that brought us TEL (tetra-ethyl-lead ). That's right, leaded gas for all!!
shocked.gif

They attempted to convince the public that lead in gas was safe...no nead to panic....heh...

In the 1980s the overwhelming evidence of lead-associated damage in children's nervous system led to the phasing out of lead in gasoline. Ethyl fought the EPA every step of the way. When lead was banned in US gasoline Ethyl continued to sell its product overseas. Lead levels along roads in Nigeria are reaching 7000 parts per million, about 15 times greater than the level required to be designated a Superfund site in the U.S. In Mexico City half the children tested have dangerous levels of lead.

More here...... The Ethyl Corporation: Back to the Future

But...maybe they've changed their ways....
nono.gif

Quote:
" In the 1980s the overwhelming evidence of lead-associated damage in children's nervous system led to the phasing out of lead in gasoline
-------------------------------------------------
I believe that was household type paint and the industrial paint on playground toys ect if not mistaken that all the uproar was about.
Not too many younsters of that age group were playing with carb jetting that I can remember or getting the gasoline on their hands ect.
wink.gif

On topic of lead in gasoline I have two friends,one worked for **** Landy and the lead has entered his body and went down ino his leges and feet,,the other was a independent racer, same thing. Both hit thier shins on the tongue of a boat trailer,,the wounds have never healed and never will they have been told

[ December 18, 2002, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

Dragboat is correct. It wss lead-based paints that caused the hullabaloo! Since lead tastes sweet, some children would eat the stuff right off the walls. Parental control and responsibilty maybe?

Ethyl is a great additive company. No one forsaw that lead would become a residue in soil and water. More environmental testing is done now than in the past. Some EPA rhetoric is scientific based, but most is political, aka, the Kyoto Protocol!

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
Dragboat is correct. It wss lead-based paints that caused the hullabaloo! Since lead tastes sweet, some children would eat the stuff right off the walls. Parental control and responsibilty maybe?

lol.gif
You must not have any kids or I misunderstood you! Parents commonly lock drawers with poisons (cleaners) in them to keep the kids out while they aren't looking. It's pretty hard to keep them away from painted walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back