info on Honda GX130 (EU3200I engine)?

I am considering an EU3200i generator. I can't find anything on the new engine Honda put in it and am wondering what else is new for this generator model; the unknowns makes me hesitant to purchase. Does anyone know if the inverter, injectors etc. has been in use on other models? Any insight will be appreciated.

I like the time tested-ness of the eu2200 and the redundancy of having two, however, don't want to have to string two (90 lbs) together to get the power I am looking for. Understand there are cheaper options but willing to pay for piece of mind, if this Honda package seems to provide that.

Honda says:

....an all-new generator equipped with a newly-developed dedicated GX130 engine....

I say, you spin the wheel, you take your chances. However, Honda has made very few duds in years past. Even first year products tend to be superb.

2499 at Sportsman's (not saying that is a bargain...)
Thanks for the confidence Cujet-

I think they are starting to get optimistic with their ratings of generators. My EB2200i didn't want to start my 10" miter saw without limiting output without the eco throttle on. With the eco on it just tripped.

A bigger inverter generator will run more but unless it has the engine size to start larger motor loads it means nothing at that point.

If the fuel injection can drop the consumption to even less, I’d absolutely consider it. It’s hard to find spare gas during an emergency. I’ve relied primarily on the little eu2k for outages here. We have a 3k Yamaha but it consumes more. I can leave the eu2k on full time and it consumes the same as it does when cycling it with the fridge. Leaving it on full time introduces fans to circulate air and a few minor comforts / added convenience.

I’ll add anecdotally that honda is pretty conservative with their changes. They absolutely seem to keep the best aspects of their old designs and update them slowly and carefully. Truly, I wouldnt be concerned.

Last edited:
I find this very interesting, the fuel injection. My curiosity wants to know if they used a electric fuel pump with a capacitor( guessing not) or a mechanical pump…

Edit:
I did some research. Can’t find much about this new engine at all but I was able to find a owners manual. It has a “fuel pump filter” which I though was interesting on a very small motor, service interval was 2 years or 1000hrs.

On the wiring diagram it has wiring to activate the injectors but doesn’t show anything about a electric fuel pump. No fuel pressure sensor either.

I’d love to know more about how they did the FI just because Honda always seems to make very reliable systems. I don’t expect anything new or earth shattering. Just curios…

Also did some research. Not from Honda, but from reviewers. Has a mechanical fuel pump and a small cat can ($$$?). Why no DC output?

Honda sure hypes the Bluetooth. They should incorporate some security tracking because that will be an issue.

Last edited:
Also did some research. Not from Honda, but from reviewers. Has a mechanical fuel pump and a small cat can ($$$?). Why no DC output?

Honda sure hypes the Bluetooth. They should incorporate some security tracking because that will be an issue.
Oh wasn't expecting a cat, makes sense why I saw a O2 sensor on the wiring then(as well as many other sensors).

Does it have the carbon monoxide shutdown? My newer eu2k does. That makes me a little nervous for longevity, as I know the CO alarms in campers have a finite lifespan. The Bluetooth, I like as it tracks hours.

Back