Infiniti Tire Recommendations

14' Infiniti QX 60 Hybrid

We do about 15k a year. Would like 3-4 years out of them. Looking for middle to upper range. I looked at a number of tires but
don't like trying to decide a tire on price. I don't know what I'm looking at for quality.

I have had good luck with Town Faire Tire as they match any price.

Just looking for a couple of options.

What size?

What's most important, mileage, quiet smooth ride, rain, snow? Do you have separate snow tires?

The Nokian Entyres that came on my prius were quite nice, and long-wearing.

Originally Posted by coopns
Size: 235 65 18

Most important: mileage.

Thanks!

Search Tire Rack. You want tires with a high UTQG treadwear rating. (It's the first and only number in the rating. Larger = better!)

You can even rank tires by UTQG on Tire Rack.

Your questions to yourself is, what tire(s) check off the most boxes in your criteria.

How do you drive, what is the climate that the tires will be used in, ride vs handling, quiet & good riding especially for your passengers or are you willing to put up with a bit firmer ride for more everyday fun, will you be changing the tires during the winter? Etc.

I used to do Town Fair tire but switched to Costco. Town Fair doesn't do lifetime balancing and depending on the tire, may not include road hazard. I'd ask about that first. Costco usually rotates between Michelin which is what I get and Bridgestone and when they do the Michelin sale, Town Fair can't touch it because even if they do the price match, you still don't get free balancing or the 5 year road hazard which Costco include as part of their installation so no paying extra for it. The balancing I use to find bent/cracked rims. I get a 3 year front end alignment warranty at Goodyear so the free front end alignment at Town Fair doesn't mean as much.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Defender+LTX+M%2FS&partnum=365TR8DLTX&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

800 A A

Off of tire rack, You have the highest rated tire in that size at 820 AB with the Goodyear Assurance Maxlife, The more expensive Michilen Defenders at 800 AA and the Cooper CS5 Grand Touring AA. The Goodyear and Michelins seem to be rated better in Winter conditions over the Cooper. However the Cooper is decently cheaper than the other two and the Cooper and Michelin are made in the USA (Goodyear is from Chile).

Originally Posted by coopns
14' Infiniti QX 60 Hybrid

We do about 15k a year. Would like 3-4 years out of them. Looking for middle to upper range. I looked at a number of tires but
don't like trying to decide a tire on price. I don't know what I'm looking at for quality.

I have had good luck with Town Faire Tire as they match any price.

Just looking for a couple of options.

Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Your mileage per year will allow you to wear these out before any concerns of "dryrot" take place. Costco is tough to beat for Michelin tires when they are running a sale. Your size is $765 + tax, installed, with their current sale.

Back