Infiniti i30

Status
Not open for further replies.
my nephew called me today, he was busy and said his girlfriends car needed an oil change. hes not very mechanically inclined, he only very recently learned how to change his oil but i still end up doing it for him lol, His water pump (92 chevy 4.3) was leaking from the weep hole so bad before he got the truck to me that hed have to stop every 5 minutes to add water. I put a new water pump, and its good to go. Anyway, her car is a 2001 i30, with 111k miles, rough shape but runs pretty good. the 3.0 V6, which specs 5W30, is it a known sludger or oil burner? I used Supertech High Mileage 5W30 with a Fram TG, told her to go 4k miles on it. does this seem like a good combo? Im thinking from here on out of using Pennzoil HM 5W30 with a Fram TG and doing 5-6k ocis. there was no sludge visible through the fill hole. She uses the car daily for work, 30 miles there and 30 back.

I had a 1996 I30 and never had any oil or engine related issues. But that car was a 3 year lease and I followed the OEM maintenance schedule. Not knowing your vehicle history, if it was me, I'd use your oil choices but limit the OCI to 5K max.

The VQ30 is a pretty solid all around engine. i30 is just a Maxima in black tie formal.

The only real problem I can think of is the electro-hydraulic motor mount behind the engine. It fails and it messes up the IACV and other stuff

Not a big fan of Supertech, but it should be fine

VQ30 is a bulletproof engine, I had a 97 Maxima with the same engine, ran like a top no matter what weather, how old the oil, how [censored] the gas, and still gave me upto 36 mpg when cruising at 65 mph.

I know many folks who have a VQ30 engine, whether it be a Maxima or I30. Though most of them do regular oil/filter changes, I can't answer for the rest of their maintenance/repairs.

They're always on the go in their cars and never seem to be in the shop getting repaired. Many comments such as, "Love my car!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back