Induction Range?

Getting ready to replace my electric range as we are down to only 2 eyes working. I have been doing some
research and it appears induction cooking may be an option. I can't do gas. It is really much more expensive
than an electric range. Can any of you comment that have made the switch to Induction Cooking?

I have a GE induction cooktop in the home my wife and I had built. Had gas growing up and a traditional electric smooth top at my last house. Induction is king and gives better control and is faster. Traditional electric sucks compared to gas. The only con with induction is you can't use aluminum cookware.

We have been cooking by induction for three years now and love it. Sure, it means you have to get induction compatible cookware but it is so worth it. The control and programming functions have eliminated most of our electric kitchen appliances as the induction function has replaced them. Go for it!

We had an induction cooktop before our current gas range, and my parents had one for many years. They work fine as long as you have the proper cookware and it is in good condition (not warped). But gas is also fine and I don't have a major opinion between either one. Just don't buy the hideous solid-surface electric stoves, I don't even know if those are available anymore but they are terrible. If you can't do gas then induction is the way to go.

We've been using the Frigidaire Gallery Induction Range (w/convection oven) from Home Depot for about 5 years. We thought the price was very competitive at the time as it is one of the less expensive models.
I would never go back to conventional "HOT SURFACE" cooktops of any kind. The advantages are numerous. No wasted heat (FL), no hot cooktop to burn you or to make food stick, automatic shutoff if a pot is removed, easy to clean, etc. You can boil a pot of water in about 90 seconds, even if it's sitting on a towel or parchment paper! Just fantastic.
Never an issue of any kind with this unit. If I had one change, I would like the "burners" to be a little larger. Two large and two medium would be ideal.
Any stainless steel skillet or pot will work, just not aluminum or "copper bottom" (Revereware) if that's still even made anymore.

Getting ready to replace my electric range as we are down to only 2 eyes working. I have been doing some
research and it appears induction cooking may be an option. I can't do gas. It is really much more expensive
than an electric range. Can any of you comment that have made the switch to Induction Cooking?
Make sure you don't have a Pacemaker, I wanted to get one, but since I have one the Dr discouraged me.

Back