- Mar 27, 2004
- Atlanta, GA
So we are currently in a shoulder season here where heat has not been required at all and the a/c does not really need to run much to keep indoor air temps comfortable in my particular unit (condo complex, no direct sun, ground floor on slab unit) - my a/c has run maybe 12 hours total in the past 10 days. My indoor humidity has been hovering between high 50% to mid 60% because the unit just has not had enough chance to run to drop it down to an ideal low 40% range. I know in probably less than a month my a/c will be running enough to keep humidity within preferable range. I am just wondering if 2 months of 55-65% indoor humidity is enough cause of concern I need to try to get it down? I really don't want to freeze myself out by dropping the set point to run a little longer, nor do I want a dehumidifier for temporary use 1-2 months a year. Stats: - Normal @ home setpoint - 74 degrees, have had to bump it down to 73 here and there because the humidity makes even 74 feel sticky. - Away setback (5 days per week) - 85 degrees (it typically does not exceed 76 degrees currently - worst I have seen during summer was 79). - Not a variable compressor or fan - on and off only. Am I thinking too much into "ideal" indoor air humidity? I just know it can cause problems at either extremes (either too high or too low). Thank in advance!