Independent mechanic suggestion in KC

Hi all,

I’ve posted a similar thread to this in my area and ended up with a great Indy mechanic who has done phenomenal work. My brother lives in Kansas City, MO. He’s at the end of a lease on a CR-V and looking at buying it out for a steal of a price or leasing again. Normally this would be a no brainer to buy but he’s literally the worst driver in the history of humanity and the vehicle has been in several accidents and has been repaired at the dealer.

I’m wondering if anyone knows of a good local shop he can use in the future and who can do a thorough PPI and give him a solid read on the car. I’d normally take a look but I’m in Scottsdale, AZ and have zero time or skills to fly out there and crawl under his car.

I know this is a Hail Mary but would be awesome to help him out. He’s had a crap ton of bad luck the last few months so trying to avoid him buying a car that’s a total nightmare to own.

I have used Christian Bros franchise on W Barry Rd for oil changes & alignments. They seem to be very competent and would do a good job on a prepurchase inspection. Make sure he calls for an appointment.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
Thanks guys! I’ll forward the recommendations. I was leery of referring him to a Honda dealer as I usually like getting a PPI from someone that doesn’t have an interest in selling a car plus he needs a good shop since his last Indy mechanic in Lawrence retired.

Back