Incredible story about facial recognition and how far it’s gone

Events you attend, stores your walk in, traffic lights you stop at, public areas you visit.
Anyone can watch and track you, pick you up, first it’s starts for safety sake, then goes from there to corporations and private wealthy people, James Nolan from Cablevision almost a household name on Long Island NY going back decades to now read this =

_____

Last edited:
I read somewhere a few months back that they’ve already harnessed AI FR to the point that masks don’t even matter. With just 50 pixels between the ears, they can identify a face with >95% accuracy.

There is no privacy for the common man anymore, yet so many real crimes (murders, carjackings, bomb drops at the Capitol…) go unsolved… how?

ROFL... Private property rights in action. Now she can sue them for theft and damages since they haven't refunded her money.

As for the software, I know for a fact that there are professional sports teams whose security depts have access to alerts from bad actors who are caught on camera at areas such a local airports.

Events you attend, stores your walk in, traffic lights you stop at, public areas you visit.
Anyone can watch and track you, pick you up, first it’s starts for safety sake, then goes from there to corporations and private wealthy people, James Nolan from Cablevision almost a household name on Long Island NY going back decades to now read this =

In other countries (UK) - where security cameras are on every street corner, this has been true for a while.

The real question isn’t “can the authorities watch you” - because they can. It’s more a question of “Do you have any privacy if you’re always under surveillance where machine learning can track you?”

I read somewhere a few months back that they’ve already harnessed AI FR to the point that masks don’t even matter. With just 50 pixels between the ears, they can identify a face with >95% accuracy.

There is no privacy for the common man anymore, yet so many real crimes (murders, carjackings, bomb drops at the Capitol…) go unsolved… how?
Gotta have the cameras in the right places. No camera, no footage, nothing to run through the database.

Makes you wonder what the future holds, what with everyone getting security cameras etc. at some point your cell phone might start just turning on the camera to take a peek and see who you are around *puts on tinfoil hat* (not sure it’s really tin foil, talked to the wife about getting a generator the other day and now my *wife* is getting spam about generators ???).

_____
Legal but it's total crap.

I mean WHERE are all the hippie lawyers? The freedom people? The corruption of the ACLU by certain parties screwed us over.

I’m sure there is a playbook online on how to fool facial recognition cameras. I think I’ll check right now 🤪
Meantime it’s a public relations nightmare for the landowner and MSG network. Geez denying a Girl Scouts mother access to the Rockets, good job Mr Dolan
This maybe the catalyst that gets the ball rolling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, the common man is probably the only person with privacy solely because no one cares. Anyone with any notoriety will probably be watched and tracked.

Yep, she can sue, but she won't win. Her law firm was notified twice of the policy. I'm suprised she wasn't arrested for trespassing.
They sold her a ticket to enter the premises.
Don’t say she can’t win. Claiming notification means nothing if the person was not aware of a notification.
It’s why subpoenas are hand delivered.
I suspect this article is going to outrage enough people that politicians will pay attention vs cater to James Nolan

Last edited:
Meantime it’s a public relations nightmare for the landowner and MSG network. Geez denying a Girl Scouts mother access tobthd Rockets, good job Mr Dolan...
Girl Scout mother gives her points, but I'm pretty sure being a lawyer for a slip and fall law firm will remove any public sympathy for the lady. Insert lawyer joke here.

Girl Scout mother gives her points, but I'm pretty sure being a lawyer for a slip and fall law firm will remove any public sympathy for the lady. Insert lawyer joke here.
So now you’re going to discriminate and allow harassment against certain people based on their chosen profession?

MSG is the bad guy here, regardless of what that lady does on her professional time.

And that partners getup is not helping in the court of public opinion either.

But this is not a public opinion case, it's a freedom case, you're either for it or you aren't. If you're for it you have to be for the right of a property owner to control access to his or her property.

But he/she does need to give her the money back - promptly in fact they should have done it right then and there.

Presuming this could be used for good, without causing innocent bystanders to suffer, I'd like this technology to punish the drivers that go through red lights or are texting while driving. You can figure out what and how to punish, but these idiots too often skate off with no reprimand.

Just wait until cash becomes an illegal tender. 100% of your spending will be tracked. Got precious metals? That will become something like dealing heroin.

Although all these technologies are considered good things in the beginning, they are a slippery slope.

Just look at the problems with Apple's Airtag. A technology once reserved for the likes of the FBI is now available to the consumer at the retail level. I'm sure you've read the stories about women being stalked and collector cars being tagged for future theft opportunities.

Imagine DNA being collected for every newborn in this country. In just one generation getting away with a sexual assault would be near impossible. Sounds good, doesn't it? But...

A slippery slope, all of it.

Scott

Last edited:
So now you’re going to discriminate and allow harassment against certain people based on their chosen profession?

MSG is the bad guy here, regardless of what that lady does on her professional time.
Yes, as the owner you can certainly ban people from your venue based upon who they work for. Nice deflection, by the way. Even though it's not a profession that was banned, that is not prohibited in the Constitution. Could be prohibited in New York, but I am not aware of that.

The banned law firms set up the adversarial relationship with Dolan. They were notified of the policy of their employees being banned from the premises by Dolan. If they show up at Radio City, a Ranger game, or at any restaurant owned by Dolan they are trespassing. Facial recognition software is just the means the banned and previously notified employees are recognized. Tell me again how Dolan is the bad guy?

I am not familiar with state or city law concerning refunds in New York, so I can't comment on whether she is due a refund. But I suspect Dolan is following the law on the subject.

Gotta have the cameras in the right places. No camera, no footage, nothing to run through the database.

Makes you wonder what the future holds, what with everyone getting security cameras etc. at some point your cell phone might start just turning on the camera to take a peek and see who you are around *puts on tinfoil hat* (not sure it’s really tin foil, talked to the wife about getting a generator the other day and now my *wife* is getting spam about generators ???).

it's rumored mil sats have the capability to see through barriers like walls. If that is correct, very scary. Apparently, their sats can be moved anywhere to cover a specific point of earth in under an hour. If this is accurate, then .....

Back