Incredible shot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's amazing.

Very lucky.

I've tried hitting a target while on the back of a slow moving quad and it's much tougher than hitting a moving target at long range.

Part of training involves evaluating the background area. A downtown area at that hour likely had little risk to others.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Its a good shot but I find it stupid for a officer to take a shot like that. Could have easily missed and went into someone's home...

Tell us what was behind the gunman that made taking the shot a worse idea than letting him continue shooting at people. There was nothing in the article, so I assume you have info from another source.

Its a good shot but I find it stupid for a officer to take a shot like that. Could have easily missed and went into someone's home...

I find it stupid for someone to criticize an officer who made did nothing wrong, and using his training and experience, put down a threat. Sometimes you are closer than 100 yards, sometime you are not. If the officer felt the shot would be a danger to others, he wouldn't have took the shot. Kudos to the officer.

Active shooter scenario, the shooter had already shot 100 rounds. The officer took the appropriate action. At 100 yards that was still a very lucky shot. I can barely hit the target at 25 yards

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

I find it stupid for someone to criticize an officer who made did nothing wrong, and using his training and experience, put down a threat. Sometimes you are closer than 100 yards, sometime you are not. If the officer felt the shot would be a danger to others, he wouldn't have took the shot. Kudos to the officer.

For sure. In cases like these I think one's body/mind can do things they could not likely do say at a target range in practice.

Many on this board have stated that in an actual firefight (encounter involving shooting), rounds are often way off target and even trained pro's miss the target more than hit.

I'm not seeing that here.

The suspect was armed with 2 rifles, one described as ak47 style. I don't know if that means a ak, or an sks or what. But if he figured out who was shooting at him, at a range of 100 yards, the officer would have been in easy range for the rifle. So he really had to make that shot count!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back