Incredible 1969 K-10 "restoration" on Bring A Trailer

This isn't really a true restoration since the truck is now optioned differently than how it was built by GM, and the build quality is too good, but the attention to detail is just incredible.

Even though it's not numbers matching and not as originally equipped, they certainly did a great job making it look accurate. The only giveaways that it's not as it was in 1969 are the Wrangler Radial tires and three point seat belts, though those are probably worthwhile compromises to make the truck a decent driver. Some STA Super Traxion tires would probably look really good on it and kind of complete the look, but I'm sure the Wranglers are much better for actually driving it.

It will be interesting to see how much it sells for. I bet even though it isn't "original," it could be a six figure truck.

Stuff like these are going for a mint price especially if they are numbers matching.

For that kind of money you can build a pretty nice truck. I have owned some older Chevys and they are super simple. Parts are cheap too.

I doubt it will reach 6 figures! It's not only "not original"........It's a down right fake.

Don't get me wrong.....It looks great!

*The SPID lists a 4 Speed manual, But it has a TH350. Even has the M20 paint marks on the firewall for a Granny 4 speed. Should have a M49 for a TH350.
*The headliner should be perforated to prevent moisture build-up.

There's speculation that you couldn't order a '69 K10 with a 3-speed Hydramatic, But you could get a '69 K5 Blazer with a TH350.

Bucket seats are a very rare option on trucks, It's more of a K5 option as it had rear seats. Let's keep in mind....It's 1969!

Someone put in the time & effort, But to pay a king's ransom for a bunch of thin aftermarket sheetmetal isn't very appealing to me. I haven't kept track......But......A ultra low mileage original survivor, 396/TH400 Short-Wide heavily optioned '69 CST-10 probably wouldn't fetch more than $60K with it's original build sheet & Protect-O-Plate.

Someone put in the time & effort, But to pay a king's ransom for a bunch of thin aftermarket sheetmetal isn't very appealing to me. I haven't kept track......But......A ultra low mileage original survivor, 396/TH400 Short-Wide heavily optioned '69 CST-10 probably wouldn't fetch more than $60K with it's original build sheet & Protect-O-Plate.

Maybe not, but this thing is already at $50K with 6 days left! People go nuts on Bring A Trailer. I remember an early 80s K20 going for around $80K, and if I remember right it was converted to 4WD. Old trucks are crazy right now.

It's a cool interpretation of what a new '69 K-10 could have been. I wouldn't spend $100K or $50K on it, but I think this truck is going to do well.

That is a sweet truck and my favorite older truck body style. I don't know if it was worth 61K though.

Back