Increased fuel dilution with Shell Gas (1.5T Civic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a bum tank of fuel. It has happened to me when I filled up at a smalle low traffic Valero. The next tankmof chevron mileage was right back up. I use Valero, Costco, or chevron/Texaco based upon my location.

I use both gas and also chevron and sometimes 76 and nothing else. A while back I found out Costco is now top tier and started using it.
If I had to choose one I would pick Shell over Costco but I doubt that they are that much different.
Shell has a good additive like Techron in Chevron. My top 2 choices ...

3 days ago I got 92 octane at Costco for $2.99 per gallon.
Tonight wife got 92 at shell for $3.77 per gallon. We were in a small town maybe why!

Haven't noticed huge mpg differences. If any, i get better mpg with Chevron & Shell than Costco but don't have enough data to back it up!

Last edited:
I sought out a thread like this because I'm finding I get about 4mpg better mileage from Sunoco than Exxon.

I've used Exxon exclusively for over a year and in the winter get about 36mpg. A few tanks of Sunoco gets me about 40mpg. I don't drive any different.

Can't believe I get the different mileage.

Exxon is 93 octane and the Sunoco I use is 91

2017 Ford Focus 1.0L motor

Last edited:
?

2DBBA889-FEF5-4E7C-B56D-D519E3A3CDDF.jpeg

LOL! Yes, I'm sure. I waited to even post this until the second tank showed the same results.

The only thing I can think of is that Exxon uses more ethanol than Sunoco. Nothing else makes sense.

When I go down to Green Bay I'll fill with E093 V-Power shortly after I find myself pushing the turbo to hear the snarls confirming my effort in a positive way...fuel mileage? so what, it's always been great.

Originally Posted by Garak
Claims of 10% better fuel economy simply by switching brands of gasoline is going to bring out a few pointed questions, for obvious reasons.

Just like changing to a 0w something is going to but you'd have a better chance with different gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back