Increase cost on synthetic oil!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went on Walmart.com to look at their motor oil and ALL Mobil 1 synthetics increased by 3$. they use to be $22 now it's close to $26. Anyone else notice it?

I'm seeing $25.17 for pickup in Eastern Massachusetts stores.

The prices are literally changing before my eyes, as my computer loads the webpage.

After initially clicking on it, it says $22.66 and then quickly changes to $25.17.

It was on sale for $22 dollars for a while, then it went back to its previous price of $26...

It's still dirt cheap. Us Americans complain about gas and oil prices a little too much. Everywhere else it's wayyy more. Some places in Europe gas is $9 a gallon, probably a lot more. I can get gas for $2.99 a gallon.

Alright thanks guys, by the way my local Walmart doesn't carry Pennzoil Ultra Platinum does any know how much it usually runs for 5 qts?

I know when I was in Wal-Mart this past weekend it was still on sale for around 22 dollars... pretty good price. I think regular its around 25 or so.

Originally Posted By: Mter00s
they use to be $22 now it's close to $26. Anyone else notice it?

Oh heavens, $22+ is what Walmart Canada lists as their "Everyday Low Price" on conventionals.
wink.gif

On the walmart website I saw a 1qt bottle of royal purple straight 30w for $18.95 WOW! Jegs sells it for less than $9 +free shipping!

Originally Posted By: Garak

Oh heavens, $22+ is what Walmart Canada lists as their "Everyday Low Price" on conventionals.
wink.gif

Im lucky I guess, my Walmart has conventional for $15

Regular price is $26, it was on rollback for $22, thats when I bought M1 for both cars in my sig.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream

Which kind, and is that regular price or rollback? Proximity to U.S. Walmarts might be affecting that.

Which kind, and is that regular price or rollback? Proximity to U.S. Walmarts might be affecting that.

Its PYB or GTX, also seems to be the same. Goes down to $9.99 now and then

Garak, just got back from Walmart...5L jugs are $24.95 now. However 4.73L of PYB jugs are still 13.88 ever though they were under a $24.95 sign. Always buy the 4.723 Liter size.

I also bought some Platinum GTL 2W20 for $22.95. Not sure if that stuff is any good???

wink.gif

Since when?

I though I saw 28 a jug for PYB a few weeks ago. Not that I'm buying any. Once my stash is gone im done with this sale shopping nonsense.
I'm going to run everything on elite 222 0w-30 that I can get from the imperial oil distributor in 5 gallon pails and that's it.
5 gallon pails of rotella for the bikes and the only big money lube I'll be buying is redline gear oil.

As of this morning, prices haven't changed locally.
PP and M1 remain on rollback for twenty-two dollars and change.
This may be because we have a regional chain, Meijer, with many locations in the area that matches WM on most oil prices.
Meijer now even carries jugs of M1 0W-40 as well as in both viscosities of AFE, all for twenty two bucks and change, just like Wally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back