In the year 2049...

U-haul will finally have to renew its tag!

Of course I'm sure the state will spend this money down on roads proportionally over the next 30 years...
smirk2.gif

20200528_162206.jpg

A number of companies went to using Indiana license plates due to tax breaks. That's why all of the ups FedEx plates are Indiana.

I always wondered why so many companies used Indiana plates.

All Swift trucks and trailers are Indiana registered.

You'll find that most long haul trailers are registered in places like that. The reason is simple . Buy once cry once. I used yo register mine in Maine . You could buy up to a 20 year registration and be left alone by the taxaholic places like VT ,NY NJ on an annual basis. Too bad Maine got greedy a few years back so there's no savings anymore. The vast majority of all the big rigs trailers I've seen over the decades use those Indiana tags . It just makes financial sense and theres nothing the high priced states can do about it.

That's the county code. Ohio does the same thing. In fact I think Washington County Ohio was 49 as well. In the upper right is the date of exp. 21.

Washington county, Ohio is code 84. Ohio has 88 counties and the number goes in alphabetical order. Ohio went back to the county name on the plate in 2018.

NEWS Flash : Ohio no longer issues or requires a front licence plate on most vehicles as of July 1st, 2020.

Ohio offers a 5 year registration sticker for personal vehicles or anything between 1-5 years as desired. Few people choose more than one year.

Originally Posted by JohnG
That's the county code. Ohio does the same thing. In fact I think Washington County Ohio was 49 as well. In the upper right is the date of exp. 21.

Huh! Okay, that makes sense too!

Back