In honor of St. Patrick's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed my oil and used the GC green for the first time. I am giddy with green glee. What spirit to show on this holiday.

I amassed a stash of 25 quarts of the "Green". My new Nissan Titan was screaming for me to put it in. I had to give in.

I cut the OEM Nissan filter apart to have a look. And, to my surprise, paper end caps. Shame on them. Glad I purchased Wix.

What oil did you have in there before? How long are you planning on running this fill of GC Green?

I agree about Wix filters. Just from my observation - the quality of Wix is better than anything I've seen. Looks like it has more media (better filtration) and more spaces to flow. I have it easy though - my filters are Cartridge filters.
grin.gif

It had the original factory fill in. I have no idea what Nissan put in it. It had 2500 miles when i changed it.

I have no idea how long to keep the oil in????

The manual say change at 3750 miles. But I use the vehicle as a work truck. I haul a 16ft trailer five days a week. Any suggestions ??

Maybe we should consider only using GC green on St. Patric's Day. The rest of the year we could use GC Gold. You know - the oil should match the color of the beer. I suppose you will need to drain the oil to a Guiness.

SCOTLYKINS, where did you find a wix filter for the Titan? I went on their website and it didnt show one available for the Titan. I have an '05' CC, 4X4,BT.

Keep us posted in how the titan likes the GC green.

Since you have a NEW TITAN, change the oil at the factory required intervals precisely! You have the warranty to keep! If you have a major problem with the engine, they can weasel out of it by saying you didn't change the oil under the agreement? No matter how good the oil is.

ALWAYS Watch you 6 o'clock=backside!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by titantruck:
SCOTLYKINS, where did you find a wix filter for the Titan? I went on their website and it didnt show one available for the Titan. I have an '05' CC, 4X4,BT.

Keep us posted in how the titan likes the GC green.

Thw Wix filter for the Titan is # 51356.

quote:

Originally posted by pastmaster:
Since you have a NEW TITAN, change the oil at the factory required intervals precisely! You have the warranty to keep! If you have a major problem with the engine, they can weasel out of it by saying you didn't change the oil under the agreement? No matter how good the oil is.

ALWAYS Watch you 6 o'clock=backside!
cheers.gif

I agree about the "be cautious" part, but the manufacturer can not weasel out of paying a warranty claim just by saying you didn't change your oil "under the agreement". New car warranties in the US are stictly governed under federal law. If he had an engine related wty claim, even if he could not prove a single oil change, the law still requires that Nissan prove that his failure to change oil was the cause of the failure. So, to make a somewhat silly example, if one of his con rods just snapped out of the blue, and the analysis showed it was a metal defect, his lack of oil changes would not matter. On the other hand, if the engine died because sludge had plugged up his intake screen, that's an easy win for Nissan. And even if they won a sludge case, the wty is still in effect as to other defects.

One thing to keep in mind, the federal law only covers manufacturer new car warranties. Those third party extended warranties are generally simple contracts, and if they require proof of oil changes at some specified interval, one had better comply. As always, if any of you run into such a problem, immediately consult a lawyer in your state, territory, province, etc., because local law may create different rights and/or obligations, especially as to extended wtys.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back