Impressive site for a tire company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary,

You sure are right. They hired some real web designers with an artistic flare to do that one. Beats the tar out of all these new, boring corporate sites we're seeing.

Did you catch the audio part? I attempted to find out what "Radio ZEO" was ...and I assume it's a "tuned" subscription net broadcast. If you hit the audio button you can rotate through the 4 song offerings.

I personally don't like it.

It takes 5 seconds too long to load on broadband each click.

In those cases I look for HTML one which I could not find. Putting XML, AJAX (basically content called as needed in background), CSS (style sheets) goes a long way over flash. Simple and elegant.

quote:

Originally posted by rjundi:
I personally don't like it.

It takes 5 seconds too long to load on broadband each click.

In those cases I look for HTML one which I could not find. Putting XML, AJAX (basically content called as needed in background), CSS (style sheets) goes a long way over flash. Simple and elegant.

cheers.gif
When I go to a website it's usually for information. If they are going to put entertainment on their site, the need an option to shut it off. I have a good broadband connection, but it's still annoying to wait a few seconds to find out I'm on the wrong page or need to wade through 4 more pages before I find what I'm looking for.

I think that site absolutely stinks. I came across it a few months ago, when Cooper Tires changed their website (I often check out the Cooper Tires website). Its no where near as informative, useful, and user friendly as the version it replaced.

Interesting but waaaay too busy and complex to find info quickly.

Ultimately I think it would hurt business.

I've actually sent comments in to Cooper about that site. The old one was much simpler and easier to use, and they don't even have close-up images of the tire anymore, so you can't get a good look at the tread design. This thing looks like a grade 9 kid's graphic design project.

quote:

they don't even have close-up images of the tire anymore

Sure they do
confused.gif
Right click ..ZOOM IN.

Now my analysis of this site wasn't for it's clarity of purpose ..but rather its artistic attributes.

Oddly, based on your comments, I had no trouble finding anything. I found my Avon Rangemasters easily enough.

confused.gif

Very cool site. I've gotten excellent service out of cooper tires. That's all I've run on my cars/vans/trucks for the past 10+ yrs.

G/luck
Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back