Impressed with a Wireless Android Auto Adapter.

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
I purchased a Motorola MA-1 wireless Android Auto adapter today for the Maverick. I ordered at 3:45 pm this afternoon from Amazon. It was delivered at 8:35 pm. By 9:05 it was up running and all the packing put away. 10 minutes of the time I was reading the instructions. It really helped when all the pairing and connection lights started flashing. Less panic because I read the manual. The folks at Maverick Truck Club said these work well, so I did it.

It was on sale for the first time I've seen for under $100. The special was for $70 Happy I sprung for this. No other parts were needed. They even included the double stick tape for the dongle. Super pleased that it was a super easy project.

Last edited:
Glad you like!

Just gracious my wife’s 2018 Tiguan with great screen has wired CarPlay and Androids version of it.

I think it’s the best that happened to car electronics pretty much ever. The car is nothing more than a touch screen and experience upgrades with phone itself.

Whats the difference, if you don't mind me asking?
When you get in the car your phone connects automatically when you turn the ignition to at least accessories setting. Also no wire flying around. No scrambling around when the phone rings or a text arrives when the phone is in your pocket. Very handy when shopping going place to place not having to unhook and rehook up at each stop. That's my favorite benefit.

I have an 07 Mazda3 with stock radio. I never have to hook or unhook my phone from my car. Lol

What's the benefit of having AA? Am I missing something here? Has never made much sense to me since the tech first came out. I can ignore my phone til I'm done driving just fine without it being hooked to my vehicle. Seriously, someone explain this to me! Haha

The latest version of Android Auto gives you a real nice Navigation screen. In a large metro like KC navigation is a godsend often. I play my Sirius XM though AA. YouTube music also plays nicely through AA as it should, Being it's coming from the same Mothership. Again it can stay in my pocket and when I want to go somewhere else it pops right up on the screen. Doing that today, at least 4 stops.

I have an 07 Mazda3 with stock radio. I never have to hook or unhook my phone from my car. Lol

What's the benefit of having AA? Am I missing something here? Has never made much sense to me since the tech first came out. I can ignore my phone til I'm done driving just fine without it being hooked to my vehicle. Seriously, someone explain this to me! Haha

Android Auto/Apple CarPlay will nearly mirror and integrate your phone screen to the car's head unit. This is helpful to put Google Maps or other apps on your headunit. I've done it a few times with my CX5 but mine requires a wired connection and the connection breaks alot - either through the way my phone holder is (might make the USBC cable move) or because the mazda AA program is buggy - but I don't use it enough right now to figure out the reason.

Even if you know where you're going, it's nice to have Waze or Google Maps up to let you know of traffic, an accident, construction, speed traps, etc.

I can reroute and avoid traffic.

Android Auto/Apple CarPlay will nearly mirror and integrate your phone screen to the car's head unit. This is helpful to put Google Maps or other apps on your headunit. I've done it a few times with my CX5 but mine requires a wired connection and the connection breaks alot - either through the way my phone holder is (might make the USBC cable move) or because the mazda AA program is buggy - but I don't use it enough right now to figure out the reason.
No they don't.
1. They use its own interface screen that is different from your phone main OS.
2. they limit which apps can run on them.
3. For mapping, CarPlay and Android Auto has its own specific template which is different from running the App from your phone without a vehicle connection.

Even when you run the Android Auto software without connection to the car's infotainment, the interface and applications are unique the Android Auto vs the rest of the Android OS.

Back